PDA

View Full Version : Particle prob

daz1761
01-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I have just imported a dynamic cloth scene into my master scene. This scene already has a particle emitter, but as soon as the new object loads, my particle goes pair shaped and shoots all particles down the x instead of up the y. I've tried selecting options in the self Interact but nothing seems to cure it.

Thanks

Mr Rid
01-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Dont know what you are describing, but did you try clicking 'calculate?'

daz1761
01-02-2012, 03:18 AM
What it is, my flag has already been calculated within another scene for approx 900 frames. All I wanted to do was attach it to the side of a building within another scene (main scene). But as soon as I "load items from scene", the flag arrives okay and already calculated, but my particle emitter, which is set up just to puff a bit of smoke out of a chimney points to the X axis and it seems to push all particles right off my scene rather than just a small 1M up the Y axis.

Another problem ive just noticed is, that I cannot move my flag either so it might be best creating my flag within my main scene as long as I correct my particle first.

Thanks

Mr Rid
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Did you save the pfx motion before you import the flag? That should bake and keep them from changing.

Is there a wind from the flag scene that is importing into the main scene when you load-from-scene?

daz1761
01-02-2012, 03:58 PM
The only pfx I saved was the flag pfx. The flag scene does have 2 wind collisions also. The particle emitter on the other hand isn't saved.

I will try saving it in the morning :)

daz1761
01-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Yes its fine now Ive saved the particle emitter fbx file :)

Thanks!