PDA

View Full Version : Particles won't render :(

Philly85
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Any ideas?

It renders fine if i want to render a frame but when I go to render the scene it doesnt show up with anything, not even the backdrop I chose.

Here is the file.

prometheus
12-31-2011, 07:02 AM
seems to be working here..

First of all..what is your lightwave version? as always it is needed to understand what happens.

secondly, in your render globals output tab, you have set it to only quicktime mov, and if you are working with a 64 bit version of lightwave, that will probably not work ...since there is no support for quicktime in 64 bit.

change your output to save RGB images lw tga 24 or some other compatible format, edit in compositing program like import to after effects.

or switch to 32 bit lightwave and set it to output quicktime if you want that.

for the hv itself..there will be some tweaking left to do before you get rain look, tune down particle size and activate particle blur.

Michael
http://vimeo.com/user680656/videos

prometheus
12-31-2011, 07:06 AM
for tweaking the scene if there´s not any camera motion, open viper (f7)

set your preview option to scene,make sure to have the hypervoxels panel open, set your preview option in viper to an avi codec, that will let you create a preview at least, wich you can play directly in the preview window or save out.

Michael

prometheus
12-31-2011, 07:17 AM
I noticed you have surface mode for hv rain, I would rather use sprites, lower the size a little of the hv´s.

for particle blur, you should also activate motion blur to dither.
set blur length to something like 500 and motion blur passes to 4 or 5, that will give long streaks of rain.

Michael

rcallicotte
08-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks man! This is helpful information.

I noticed you have surface mode for hv rain, I would rather use sprites, lower the size a little of the hv´s.

for particle blur, you should also activate motion blur to dither.
set blur length to something like 500 and motion blur passes to 4 or 5, that will give long streaks of rain.

Michael