PDA

View Full Version : zBrush Fiber Mesh

rcallicotte
12-29-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?164835-FiberMesh-Preview

Looks...different. New possibilities in zBrush, though.

BlueApple
12-29-2011, 01:46 PM
After watching that movie I am pretty interested in this. Though I was initially excited about the fiber material introduced in a previous version, I didn't find it particularly useful as it lacked a lot customization, and you needed to render it to see the result. The video seems to put those concerns to rest.

We'll see how it handles once everyone can get their hands on it in Jan.

cresshead
12-29-2011, 05:01 PM
they just keep on giving...i bought zbrush2..havn't paid a penny for updates since then...amazing company

looks like this is geometry based so you can import fur/hair models into your fav 3d app to render also as long as they can handle the polycount.

Burchigb
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I am just amazed on what they are providing.

Silkrooster
12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Now thats sweet. It'll be nice to have a choice between LW and Zbrush, which ever is better at the job at hand wins.

prometheus
12-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Amazing isnīt it?

Now ...Here is where newtek picks up the phone and call the pixologic hair programmers, and offer them a deal to make a tool that converts those fibermesh to fiberfx data for Lightwave.

Or could newtek invent something similar for Lightwave with the same slick UI and sculpting experience?

Michael

50one
12-30-2011, 03:54 AM
Amazing isnīt it?

Now ...Here is where newtek picks up the phone and call the pixologic hair programmers, and offer them a deal to make a tool that converts those fibermesh to fiberfx data for Lightwave.

Or could newtek invent something similar for Lightwave with the same slick UI and sculpting experience?

Michael

Supertramp - dreamer...:D

HenrikSkoglund
12-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Amazing isnīt it?

Michael

Gotta say... that would be so incredibly awesome. And why not, really? It's business...

Silkrooster
12-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Amazing isnīt it?

Michael

Maybe I misinterpreted what they said, but it sounds like the fibermesh will be actual geometry, but if thats true, then it could bring LW down to its knees. Unless Newtek can convert it to instances somehow.

Snosrap
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
It's obvious after watching this that NT needs to add many additional engineers.