PDA

View Full Version : Timelapse render settings...cache GI?

m.d.
12-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Just rendering out a day to night timelapse....
I disabled GI caching because of the changing light, but I am noticing a lot of flicker....
Being that my animation is day to night over about 500 frames...can i use any sort of animated cache during this render? Or does the light strictly NOT have to change to use this properly.

Thanks

ShadowMystic
12-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Have you tried the "animation" option under the GI tab in the render settings?

JonW
12-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Have you tried the "animation" option under the GI tab in the render settings?

You need the Animation setting & you can also bake, which will bake points rather than radiosity with Animation & then Lock prior to rendering.

Or is it a light leak with your object/s

Is your scene finding the Cache file. You can tell looking at WTM that there is 2 distinct parts to rendering each frame if the cache file is not being found.

A couple of frames posted may help.

Lewis
12-29-2011, 02:51 AM
It won't be easy or smooth. I was trying to do that few months go and it didn't work in any case, It's either flickering/leaking lights or in case if is cached without animation then it's not working. Eventually I've ended up rendering Day and NIGHT separate (yeah doubling frames) and composited later. It took longer but it was flicker free and i could choose speed and position where i can transfer to night time more easy.

JonW
12-29-2011, 04:53 AM
You can do a handful of MB passes, about 6 minimum, but you will need to cut back on your radiosity settings to keep render times under control.