PDA

View Full Version : Bones animated puppet without deformation

Clockmaster
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi, and first of all happy Christmas and New Year Holydays to everybody.

I am trying to animate a very, very simple puppet, made of separated 1 body, 1 left arm, 1 right arm, 1 left foot and 1 Right foot, each formed by a simple rectangular plane. Texture and relative Alphas made the character body. The simplest possible puppet plus textures, in short.
The problem is that i need to animate it with bones, for export compatibility issues (the final format read only bones deformations, not rigid body movement).
Here the problems.
Also if i set up the body parts with the maximum possible weight value, in my animation the body parts, especially the hands and then the foots, are deformed by the bones, while I want them to act as RIGID BODIES, CAPABLE ONLY OF TRANSLATING AND ROTATING, GOVERNED BY THE BONES. In particular, the arms are made of three bones each (since the distance from the body and since the needing of a natural walk animation, as far as possible with a so simple puppet.)
Also the legs are made of three bones each.
Setting bones falloff to "Inverse Distance" instead of "Inverse Distance ^ 16" and deflagging faster bones helps a bit, but not very much.

How can I do? Please Help me!

Bye Bye!

RebelHill
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
just weight map each individual part, set the bones that refer to each part to the specific map, and set all other bone strengths to 0

Clockmaster
12-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Thank You very much! It works!
Previously I've done all of that you mentioned except the most important thing: setting the bone strength of the bones that doesn't control directly the objects to zero, hence the deformation problem.
Thanks again and Happy New Year!