PDA

View Full Version : Timecode in make preview

xxiii
12-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Before I file a feature request, am I overlooking something, is it possible to stamp the timecode or framecount or some text into a make-preview animation?

Or do I just need to do a regular render with quickshade or wireframe? (am I "in error" for wanting the above?)

Dexter2999
12-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Not sure about the "make preview" as an option.

But for framecount/timecode it is RENDER GLOBALS-GENERAL TAB-OVERLAY (at the bottom)

xxiii
12-25-2011, 10:48 PM
But for framecount/timecode it is RENDER GLOBALS-GENERAL TAB-OVERLAY (at the bottom)

I know it can be done that way (I guess I could have been clearer), I was hoping to be able to do it with make-preview, as sometimes it can be a pain to create an actual camera to mimick the current viewport and/or recreate whatever shading mode I'm using. I was considering submitting a feature request.

Also, I find the maximum string length for the overlay option is way too short (at least when working in HD there is plenty more room available, and I would sometimes like to utilize it).

vncnt
12-30-2011, 12:35 AM
The framenumber is already there (bottom right) in the Preview unless you´ve used VPR instead of OpenGL.

Also, I find the maximum string length for the overlay option is way too short (at least when working in HD there is plenty more room available, and I would sometimes like to utilize it).

I agree with that.

Also: support for simple multi-line text using special characters (like \n) and variables (like [filename]) and muxing with the audio file.