PDA

View Full Version : Lower Thirds

zeroday
12-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi all.

I have a Tricaster Studio, TC350. It is my understanding from looking at previous threads that TC does not support video lower thirds. I bought some lower thirds from here: http://www.footagefirm.com/free-lower-thirds-set-1.html, and was wondering if its supported. Thanks :)

kltv
12-25-2011, 01:04 AM
You'd have to pre-compose all the fonts and render them together with an alpha channel. You could then play those animations from a DDR in the DSK. You could compose the lower thirds in SpeedEDIT or After Effects.

Kris

jpiazzo
01-06-2012, 08:58 AM
along the same lines. I have been trying to output video with alpha for overlay.. I have tried the Newtek codec 4:2:2:4 (alpha) rendered from After Effects, Sony Vegas, and Premiere - but no luck. Options always say alpha only available uncompressed. I am sure that uncompressed AVI or Quicktime would work - but the files a sooooo big. Does the newtek codec only give full alpha options in speed edit?

SBowie
01-06-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm told that if you select the SpeedHQ with alpha codec, then select RGB + Alpha in AE's 'Output Module Settings' panel, it works.

kltv
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm told that if you select the SpeedHQ with alpha codec, then select RGB + Alpha in AE's 'Output Module Settings' panel, it works.

It does. I've done that many times with excellent results.

Kris

jpiazzo
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes! Thank you, thank you - that was it.
Also, just for others FYI - in Premiere Pro (cs5) you have to select 32bit in the Export Settings - video tab, basic settings.
In Vegas, still can't get the Newtek Codec to output Alpha, but using uncompressed AVI you have to set your bit depth (in project settings) from 8bit to 32bit before rendering.
I would still like to get the newtek codec working in Vegas, as it's production assistant app is ideal for what I want to do.
Thanks for the quick help!

Ozybigal
01-07-2012, 06:48 PM
On my edit system the Newtek Codecs only show up in the avi export if I run the 32bit version of Vegas 11.

I've often found the 64bit version of Vegas is very fussy about codecs. I always install the 64bit and 32 bit versions of vegas often editting in 64bit but rendering in 32bit.

Alan Duplex
Perth, Western Australia

SBowie
01-08-2012, 05:46 AM
The latest codec pack includes 64bit versions of the NewTek codecs, but as far as I can tell you're right - Vegas 11 64bit doesn't see them. Odd, maybe something to talk to Sony about.