PDA

View Full Version : Genesis

Lacan1uk
10-17-2003, 02:39 AM
Why are Newtek marketing a live production system aimed specifically a churches? It seems to me a little strange that a company as big as Newtek would design a product for such a niche market. Why not aim a product at any live crowd setting (conference?). Are Newtek born again??

mrunion
10-17-2003, 05:26 AM
There are other posts to read on this subject, but one point shakes out in some form to there being hundreds of more churches than production houses. Something like in one state alone there were 1450 studios and 15000 churches. (Of
course the numbers are just samples.)

I think it is a good idea.

Aegis
10-18-2003, 05:27 PM
Interesting to note that Genesis has now become an "add-on pack for VT[3]" - certainly presenting Genesis as a standalone product developed for religous programming caused some controversy on these forums with several members (myself included) preferring this kind of approach. Hopefully this paves the way not only for NewTek to raise its profile in this area but also to provide other specialized packages of content and interfaces for a multitude of markets.

WizCraker
10-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Why does it matter if Newtek wants to develop products for churches.

Whelkn
10-18-2003, 11:38 PM
I know. I think everyone needs to chill out about this. Who cares if your not into god then dont buy the product. Its that simple.

Lacan1uk
10-19-2003, 05:28 AM
But if I do decide to buy it, will I go to heaven?

pauland
10-19-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Whelkn
I know. I think everyone needs to chill out about this. Who cares if your not into god then dont buy the product. Its that simple.

Yes, I agree.

The original hiatus was more about the way it was packaged - Genesis as as a product in it's own right or Genesis as a vt3 family variant.

Because of the different ways this particular market is perceived around the world, I and others argued that branding as a VT3 variant was the way to go, rather than a new standalone product. It was really a brand perception issue rather than an anti-religion stance.

This is already discussed in other threads.

Paul

TyVole
10-19-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Lacan1uk

Not necessarily. But it could drop a few days off of Purgatory.

WizCraker
10-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Lacan1uk

Not with that Attitude.

Gordon
10-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Why are Newtek marketing a live production system aimed specifically a churches?

Because it is part of a much larger picture. The idea is to customize and package VT[x] for niche markets. Churches is the first because it is a large market and ripe. Churches are eager to move in this direction because they already do still image PowerPoint slides and are looking to incorporate live video.

Hopefully, others will follow such as a 'sports' edition perhaps targetted for schools. Still another is suggestion would be a more general 'Education' edition for closed circuit TV in schools, (This market is as big as churches but schools are a bit slower to take up the technology. There are more churches than schools but schools are more likely to purchase mulitple units.)

So, in short, Genesis now but soon many other 'specialized' versions.

mattclary
10-29-2003, 05:52 AM
It's a previously untapped vertical market. Very smart of Newtek.