PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball Morph

daz1761
12-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Ive tried near enough everything i can to try and morph my characters pupil larger than the original base, and was wondering if there are any other ways to achieve this?

Ive tried selecting the poly's around the pupil and creating a surface called pupil_extend, so when you morph from that to base, you would get a transition from a small to a large pupil. But sadly when creating or changing surfaces, the morphing doesnt seem to like it :(

Ive attached a pic of my eyeball

Thanks

RebelHill
12-22-2011, 10:15 AM
wait... ur trying to get different surfaces assigned to different polys on different morfs??

Thats not gonna work... surfaces are fixed... a poly either has one surface assigned, or some other one, all the time.

U need to take the polys that make the pupil, and scale them up in ur morf... actually remodel the eye to make the pupil bigger. Get the plugin D-Unislide... will help with stuff like this a lot.

daz1761
12-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks

All sorted now, i just stretched the polys, then I moved all the edges back towards the eyeball to retain the shape.

The plugin you mentioned sounds interesting, I have downloaded the DTools package but sadly, there is no mac version.

Thanks

nickdigital
12-22-2011, 03:54 PM
On a side note, the way you have your eye modeled doesn't represent how an eyeball is really built in real life. The pupil, part that dilates, is actually inside of the eye structure.