PDA

View Full Version : Plugin error - DP ligths

HolyMonkey-
12-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I have a problem, after I put the DP light plugins in my plugin folder, I get "Cannot load DP X light"

and now if I try to create a light any light for that matter it turns invisible. and doesn't work.

evenflcw
12-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Simply placing a plugin inside the plugin folder has no effect. You need to install it into LW via the Add Plugin command or Edit Plugin panel. Where you place on your HDD(s) it matters not! Most people I know (self included) have a completely separate directory system for 3rd party plugins to keep them apart from native plugins. (This makes updating LW and sharing 3rd plugins across multiple LW versions easier).

HolyMonkey-
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Simply placing a plugin inside the plugin folder has no effect. You need to install it into LW via the Add Plugin command or Edit Plugin panel. Where you place on your HDD(s) it matters not! Most people I know (self included) have a completely separate directory system for 3rd party plugins to keep them apart from native plugins. (This makes updating LW and sharing 3rd plugins across multiple LW versions easier).

I did this with sunsky plugin and it worked, but apparently not with the DP light all I can say is- EvenFLC, you the man! Thanks ;)

evenflcw
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
LW does have the autoscan feature... but I don't know when and to what extent it autoscans the folders - if it's looking for any plugin that happen to be within LWs default plugin folders or just the native ones. Either is possible. Personally though, I think it's smarter to keep native an 3rd party plugins separate.

HolyMonkey-
01-02-2012, 10:09 AM
LW does have the autoscan feature... but I don't know when and to what extent it autoscans the folders - if it's looking for any plugin that happen to be within LWs default plugin folders or just the native ones. Either is possible. Personally though, I think it's smarter to keep native an 3rd party plugins separate.

******** Update **********

Nevermind, I had to download the 9,5 version. =) my bad <.<

I keep trying to add them and it says they were added successfully but they fail to start, do you know how to remove them from LW? Reset it somehow?

I deleted them from the plugin folder and re-add them in but they still fail.