View Full Version : Prometheus

rcallicotte
12-21-2011, 06:45 AM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

prometheus
12-21-2011, 07:15 AM

They must have stolen my ideas, what could you expect from thieves like that:D

to little to see for a good trailer, looked just like a small teaser only.

Michael

Red_Oddity
12-21-2011, 07:32 AM
It's the trailer for the trailer? o_O

bazsa73
12-21-2011, 07:38 AM
I like that hole in the ground :)

JeffrySG
12-21-2011, 09:12 AM
It's the trailer for the trailer? o_O

The trailer for the trailer was cool but so was the trailer for the trailer for the trailer! :devil:

Hopefully the real teaser trailer will be really good!

rcallicotte
12-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Keeping an eye on it. But, can anyone really live up to the Prometheus of the Newtek Forum's expectations?

borkus
12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
This is getting annoying... Just show me the damn trailer already...

tischbein3
12-21-2011, 04:05 PM
The trailer for the trailer was cool but so was the trailer for the trailer for the trailer! :devil:
Im actually in doubt if the trailer will uphold what the trailer for the trailer promises. :) Or better said: I do like the style of the trailer of the trailer as a trailer.

dblincoe
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
That's like a tractor trailer pulling a trailer pulling a trailer. Sorry couldn't resist.

Seriously though. I am usually disappointed the more a movie gets hyped. The "sleeper" movie is usually the one that blows me away. The less I know about it before going in to see it the better.

jasonwestmas
12-21-2011, 05:38 PM
June 8th? I'm already bored. :D

rcallicotte
12-22-2011, 07:32 AM
The director, the actors...the hype - who cares about the hype with these actors and this director? And a story by Ridley Scott. I'll probably see it.

jasonwestmas
12-22-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm just hoping Ridley and James don't just stamp their name everywhere like Spielberg seems to do and call it good. I can't trust names anymore.

rcallicotte
12-23-2011, 06:09 AM

wibly wobly
12-23-2011, 06:47 AM
I want to like this but, I'm worried about how badly so many prequels / remakes / sequels have been lately. That back story to Alien was always something I was really interested in. I'm pretty sure on the DVD Scott talked about doing a back story that included about who the 'Space Jockey' was. Something about the Aliens being a biochemical weapon that you would just dump somewhere that you wanted ruined and that the ship they found was the delivery system. The Space Jockey just bit it when one of them somehow got loose. Anyway, I want to like it but, I'm nervous. :stumped:

aurora
12-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Just watched the full trailer on movieweb.com. The only thing that bothers me is how freacken bright the planet and everything else is. I loved the dark lighting in both Alien and Aliens. Haven't been to the theaters to see a movie since Avatar, but this one (and the Hobbit) have been on my calendar for a long time. Just wish/hope that Prometheus does what Alien did on opening night, scare the hell out of me while leaving a huge smile that still has not left my heart since thanks to being something new and wondrous for the sight and senses to behold.

jasonwestmas
12-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Just watched the full trailer on movieweb.com. The only thing that bothers me is how freacken bright the planet and everything else is. I loved the dark lighting in both Alien and Aliens. Haven't been to the theaters to see a movie since Avatar, but this one (and the Hobbit) have been on my calendar for a long time. Just wish/hope that Prometheus does what Alien did on opening night, scare the hell out of me while leaving a huge smile that still has not left my heart since thanks to being something new and wondrous for the sight and senses to behold.

That was the same issue with Jackson's king kong, everything was well lit and clean looking, including the creatures. . .and not in a good and appropriate way.

Dexter2999
12-24-2011, 02:35 PM
I want to like this but, I'm worried about how badly so many prequels / remakes / sequels have been lately.

In the interview I read, Ridley Scott said that PROMETHEUS was a prequel at the outset but more developed it became the more he decided it was going to be a thing unto itself.

So, my understanding of that is that this is not a prequel. Do not have that expectation. But be ready for similarities/derivations from the material from which it was born.

Manage your expectations best so as to avoid disappointment.

prometheus
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Yeah I liked the two mood settings in Alien and Aliens, dark blue with strobe lights flashing from dark to short glimps on whatīs on the scene etc.
This might be different, but It looks cinematicly beautyful and that is to be expected from Ridley Scott.

How effective it will be remains to see, I donīt think we will see a new masterpiece again thou, wich could bring some new chocking cinematic experience as the first Alien film did, maybe we have witnessed so much already on the big screen to a point of numbness mostly.

Introducing a story or a cinematic experience that would raise the bar for future film making canīt be that easy to acheive anymore.

Alien was the film that scared steven spielberg the most of all films he had seen.
I donīt think we can get that scared anymore from any alien encounters on the screen, except for the real life thing.

Michael

tischbein3
12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Just watched the full trailer on movieweb.com. The only thing that bothers me is how freacken bright the planet and everything else is.
Because its part of the storyline ? Because they want to implement some kind of sin / trajic element, to ruin / spell out of "paradise".

Sorry, although I'm drunken, I can say, that this trailer sucked big time:Not only did marketing boosted "the last 15 minutes will be a big reminder of alien universe" to the complete trailer, but also they really didn't hit the actual mood of the original alien.

SO currently, I do have to say, its nothing more than the typical 20th century icon exploitatation we had seen/tortureed in the last year

cherio, and a merrry christmas.
chris

Dexter2999
12-24-2011, 07:01 PM
From here:
http://screenrant.com/prometheus-alien-prequel-noomi-rapace-rob-96519/

"Breaking News: Twentieth Century Fox just sent out the most significant and unexpected update regarding Ridley Scott’s long-awaited Alien prequel. As it turns out, it’s no longer a prequel, sequel or any other sort of Alien franchise installment. Instead, Ridley Scott’s next major sci-fi project will be an original flick titled Prometheus."

Chris S. (Fez)
12-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Tough crowd. Showed the trailer to the entire extended family and it got a great response.

The Alien vs Predator spinoff so sullied the series that I am relieved they developed an independent story.

aurora
12-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Tough crowd. Showed the trailer to the entire extended family and it got a great response.

The Alien vs Predator spinoff so sullied the series that I am relieved they developed an independent story.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not bashing it, that much. But in Alien and Aliens LV-426 is a totally an absolutely different looking world. Granted from the premise of the story they are looking for a world from which man was sprung from it makes sense. I guess the great news is Ridely won't leave LV-426 the way it looks at the beginning meaning some cool disaster must await us!

In the end I want dream of seeing something like what 2001 (when I first saw it many years after release), Alien, Star Wars, Jaws, Halloween, reading The Hobbit for the first time. All things that open a whole new world of awe and wonder. I think the only thing that has come even close in the past 20+ years would be P.J.'s The Lord of the Rings. Sadly not so much because it was new but brought to life a story I read almost every fall in a way no other visionary could previously. Oh to be a kid when everything is new a fresh again and to have magic flow from screen into the soul again. This and no other reason is something I wish to be young for again.

erikals
12-28-2011, 04:14 AM
the trailer revealed the story... :[

looks alright... but like everything else these days, a bit too clean look and CG instead of the real deal.

rcallicotte
12-28-2011, 09:37 PM
The acting and story could make the movie. I think the scenes in the trailer are amazing.

One thing I've seen over and again - the 3D guys are their own biggest critics. You guys (with all respect - I love 3D) see stuff nobody who watches the film, commercial, game will ever care about...a lot of the time.