PDA

View Full Version : Vue 10 PLE released... But...!!!

Paul_Boland
12-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Folks.

I got an email from Eon Software saying that Vue 10 PLE has been released and is available for download. The email states that this is the full software. When installing it, you can pick between the standalone version or to have it intergrate with your 3D package (Lightwave). You can complete full projects with it. You can export your work from it to your 3D package. The only limitations are, renders are watermarked and any saved files from it can't be opened in other Vue installations.

Ok, all sounds good, but I'm confused... If I can export my Vue 3D work to Lightwave for use, then is the PLE edition really giving you the FULL version!?! Ok, you can't use it to render as it will be watermarked. But if I can export my 3D content to Lightwave and render, then from what I can conclude is that this is giving you the power of Vue for FREE, the only catch being you need to export your 3D content for render in another pakcage to get passed the watermark in the Vue PLE software.

What am I missing here???

Phil
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Nothing, probably. The PLE probably prohibits use for commercial purposes, though, and that would include exporting assets and reusing them elsewhere....

prometheus
12-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Hi Folks.

I got an email from Eon Software saying that Vue 10 PLE has been released and is available for download. The email states that this is the full software. When installing it, you can pick between the standalone version or to have it intergrate with your 3D package (Lightwave). You can complete full projects with it. You can export your work from it to your 3D package. The only limitations are, renders are watermarked and any saved files from it can't be opened in other Vue installations.

Ok, all sounds good, but I'm confused... If I can export my Vue 3D work to Lightwave for use, then is the PLE edition really giving you the FULL version!?! Ok, you can't use it to render as it will be watermarked. But if I can export my 3D content to Lightwave and render, then from what I can conclude is that this is giving you the power of Vue for FREE, the only catch being you need to export your 3D content for render in another pakcage to get passed the watermark in the Vue PLE software.

What am I missing here???

No..you wont get the power of vue by exporting.
First ..if you export texture or skydomes, that will have watermarks too.
you can only export out terrains without textures or with watermarks and exporting out trees would probably have watermarks on the textures for the leafes.

Then you can not have what vue is all about in lightwave..with all its atmospheric control and lighting and volumetrics spectral layers etc and tweaking clouds or ecosystems.
just download and try, and Im most sure that you wont get any textures through without watermark or skydomes.

Michael

Paul_Boland
12-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to download Vue 10 PLE for the past couple of days without success, I keep getting an error message saying the code I entered (for that image code thingy I'm guessing) is incorrect. I have sent the webmaster an email about it.