PDA

View Full Version : Loading Tricaster 'text templates' into LiveText

robertlphelps
12-20-2011, 08:48 AM
I just set-up LiveText for my students to use. We love the preloaded graphics that are in the Text option of the Tricaster. Is it possible to load those into the laptop we are using for LiveText, so we can use the Tricaster gfx and LiveText gfx all with the same laptop/ Gfx Operator?

If my questions needs clarification, please let me know.
:newhere:

SBowie
12-20-2011, 10:21 AM
You don't specify which TriCaster model you're using (I suspect it's an SD model by your reference to "Text"), but in either case, the default title pages that appear in the live desktop section of the interface are not compatible with LiveText, sorry. You'd effectively have to rebuild them manually in LT.

robertlphelps
12-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Sorry about that. I'm using the Studio, and LiveText 2.

The templates that came with Studio are great. I love the full screens, lower thirds, bugs, etc. Lot's more there than with LiveText IMO. But if we utilize those and also LiveText on an external source, it basically means we have a graphics op not running all the graphics. The Director has to worry about switching between TEXT and EXT, and cycling through the graphics withing the Tricaster itself.

It also makes it more difficult to make graphics on the fly using the Studio templates, because the director would need to make any of those live.

It's not as simple as copying files from one system to another huh? Nothing is ever that easy I guess.

SBowie
12-20-2011, 01:52 PM
It's not as simple as copying files from one system to another huh? Nothing is ever that easy I guess.Unfortunately, the two template file formats are different. You can export files from LT for use in Studio, but not the other way around. Sorry. :(