PDA

View Full Version : feature request

andromeda_girl
10-16-2003, 08:50 PM
here's something i came up with while i was importing a model that i didn't have the image maps for:

being mapless, it askes if i want to select a different file, yes or no, but this model had like zillions of maps, and i had none of them so what happened was i had to hit that no button a zillion times.

took years.

is it possible a simple 'no to all' button can go in there to speed things up?

perhaps a button like this could be used for other pop up window uses as well, i dunno.
thanks,
~A.

Mylenium
10-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Well, you could have simply kept your finger on the ESC key, couldn't you? On the other hand, adding the feature you asked for might be useful. However, since you are talking about a zillion or so, I suspect it has as many different surfaces as well which would make even the most clever texture replacement useless.

Mylenium

andromeda_girl
10-17-2003, 10:13 AM
well, that esc key hold down trick is news to me.
have to try that next time.

i don't work in 3D much, as i do compositing.

might have exaggerated how many textures there were.
might have been significantly less texture maps...
oh well.
~A.

sannyasi
10-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Having a "no to all" button would be helpful I suppose, but with my work I'm very often bringing files between multiple locations. If for some reason I am missing an image or two It would be nice if LW would keep a place holder in place of the image so that the layers of my surface remain in tact and would update themselves once I have all my images again, rather than correcting every layer of my surfaces that had a missing file.