PDA

View Full Version : Still can't save anything.

Tom Wood
10-16-2003, 08:06 PM
When I try to save, it says I have an invalid file name. Already did the patch, is there more to it?

TW

EDIT: THe default path was My Computer, which doesn't work, but any other path does.

Paul Lara
10-16-2003, 08:29 PM
A little more information here, Tom...
Are you trying to save a project or a page?

What menu function are you using?
What type are you choosing?

Tom Wood
10-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Well hell...

I was all ready to make a big long graphic that showed the whole sad story. But then I decided, no, I don't want to save this to My Computer, and changed the path. And the damn thing saved, just to spite me. I guess it needed a bump to get going.

But now there are two files on my computer named 'Paul'.

Sorry for the terse nature of the original post, it came at the end of a long day of 'Huh?' moments.
TW

Tom Wood
10-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Curse you Paul!

You missed the perfect opportunity to tell me about the "Cut to Layer" function in Aura! I had to find it all by myself! :p

This stuff is too cool.

TW

bradl
10-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Why is Paul being cursed? You asked about CG saves and then discovered an Aura feature and that is Paul's fault for not telling you... Paul is a very brilliant man, but he's is not a mind-reader... oh, wait, I get it... everyone knows all aliens are telepathic so... I completely agree Tom... SHAME ON YOU PAUL!

:) :) :) :) :)

Rich Deustachio
10-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Cut to layer function?

Tom Wood
10-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Dang,

Since when did it take FIVE happy faces to signify a joke??? Did I not get the memo??

Anyway, I had posted a graphic that showed a hopelessly flawed workflow. Then I found God, um, I mean Aura. Paul's the man (not saying anything biblically here...)

Yeah, Cut to Layer is part of the dotted rectangle tool thingy...not at the workstation right now, but you can cut out a part of a video and paste it to another layer, which can then be copied to its own file.

Oh, and bradl: :) :) :) :) :)

bradl
10-19-2003, 02:23 AM
actually Tom, I tried to make a whole line of them and it wouldn't let me, "too many graphic elements" or some such so I cut it back to 5 arbitrarily...

bradl
10-19-2003, 02:26 AM
on the 'cut to' thing, you can cut to layer, cut to brush, cut to clipboard, cut to image buffer, and a few others... Aura sure doesn't lack in offering choices...