PDA

View Full Version : QT Stereo format: not seeing it //LW11

jeric_synergy
12-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Re-rendering an old stereo project. Decided to try and save direct a QT stereo file.

When I looked in the ANIMATION Type dropdown, QT wasn't there at all.

Since QT is installed on this machine, what's up with that?

tnx

Dexter2999
12-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Is that the 32 bit version?

jeric_synergy
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
It's the LW11 64 bit version.

Are you saying there's no QT for 64 bit? (drat!)

Dexter2999
12-18-2011, 01:10 AM
That's what I'm sayin'.

Try it in the 32bit version of LW and see if it becomes available.

xxiii
12-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Is this a Quicktime issue? Does this explain why Photoshop (rather annoyingly) tells me certain animation operations are only supported in 32-bit when I try to invoke them? Til now I've been blaming PS for this (its the "face" the customer (me) sees after all) but this topic got me wondering. Perhaps Lightwave is in the same boat.

Vong
12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Yup, this is a QuickTime issue, but only if you are on Windows.

Apple has never released a 64-bit version of QuickTime for Windows. If you are running a Mac, and are running OSX Leopard(Snow Leopard?) or higher, then you get QuickTime X which supports 64-bit. If you are running QT7 on a Mac, then you do not have 64-bit either.

So, if you want a 64-bit version of QuickTime, I suggest writing a nice email to Apple and let them know. Of course, they've been ignoring us video folk for years about it. Good luck! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just wanted to point out that After Effects and some other programs use a trick to get QuickTime features to work in a 64-bit application. Not sure why After Effects would be able to allow it and not Photoshop though.

jeric_synergy
12-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I didn't even know Photoshop did animation operations, that's how out of it I am.

Now to reacquaint myself with the anaglyphic output plugin..... ::sigh::