PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Mist: The Spirit Awakening

ShadowMystic
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I recently finished my first novel. Originally intended to outline a feature-length animation that I would one day complete, it was demanded by a few close friends to be produced as a stand-alone story. It was written with the imaginative and visual-minded person in mind, and features vibrant description. I submit for your review.

Introductory Chapters:
http://shadowmysticstudios.deviantart.com/#/d4jahu3

Purchase for Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Mist--Spirit-Awakening-ebook/dp/B006MWPV0Y/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1324079639&sr=1-4

ShadowMystic
12-17-2011, 01:00 PM
I hope to use this to fund my education and production costs for making the story into an animated feature/series.

Rabbitpenny
12-17-2011, 02:36 PM
You know, I read your sample work. I started to critique it, then I stopped. The work was an easy read:thumbsup:, but I'm not a fantasy fan. So, I thought my critique wouldn't carry a lot of weight.

I have to say, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for responses on a 3d modeling site. Your lucky if you get a response to your 3d work. 3d people are busy...not like those lazy writers.:hey:

May I suggest checking one of the many writers' group on the Web. If you haven't already, check out AbsoluteWrite.

Have an alternative plan to fund your education. I say this not as a comment on your work, but more as a comment on the publishing world.

Sincerely, good luck.

ShadowMystic
12-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Thank you Rabbitpenny for actually taking the time to read the introductory chapters.

I didn't so much expect responses or critiques as hope to make aware of the work I've been doing over the last 17 months. My modest estimate of 2 hours a day(which is way under what I really put into it on most day) exceeds 1000 hours for the novel.

I have check some writer's groups.

I do have alternatives, but if everyone that has view this thread had purchased the book, I'd already have all the equipment necessary to begin production of the actual animation as well as book 2 and 3. I do understand not everyone is into Sci-fi or willing to shell out money for a first time author.

Sincerely, thank you for taking the time to at least read the free part.

Perhaps people just want it in print. If that's the case, the print version will be out soon.

PhotoTekArtWork
12-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Just an FYI

Don't let the number of views of this thread fool you into thinking that all those people viewed your links to your book. Some people will only read a few post per thread, some read all post in the thread, some will even follow the link and will not read everything, or not read it at all thinking it was something else that they were expecting.

I clicked on the thread thinking it was going to be about Myst (the game) that I liked to play many years ago. I miss read the word Mist for Myst. (my bad)

I only read the post, but didn't click on the links.

Good luck with your book. I hope you do well. :thumbsup: