PDA

View Full Version : Editing Lightwave Animations

michaeldejong
12-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi I hope this is an acceptable question.

I am slowly moving into actual animated productions lately, and would like to know what people are using for video editing etc.

I am not currently prepared to go to the Adobe Suite but am wondering if anybody has suggestions or can share what they are using to make videos with their lightwave animations.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

ps, I hope to have Premiere & After Effects one day but am hoping there is an in-between step :)

Thanks Again

Rabbitpenny
12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Blender contains a video editor and you can beat the price (free).

michaeldejong
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
man what doesn't that program do!? lol,

perhaps i can look in to that more,

any other software that is note-worthy ?

Greenlaw
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I really like Sony Vegas Pro because I can throw almost anything into it and it will take it. The interface is easy to wrap your head around (it's almost identical to Sony's Acid Pro music program,) and they update it frequently. It comes with both x32 and x64 versions. I usually use the x32 version to use certain plug-ins or codecs, but will switch to x64 for really big projects.

Pro is fairly priced but not 'cheap', but they do offer a cheaper consumer version which is basically the same program minus 'Pro' features. I've never used this version but there might be a demo you can download.

For free there is Lightworks (http://www.lightworksbeta.com/), an open source NLE. I haven't used it but it looks very interesting.

G.

cagey5
12-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Another vote for Lightworks. Used to edit raging bull, pulp fiction and Martin Scorseses' soon to be released 3d film Hugo. And now yours for free.

rednova
12-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi:

Buy a legit version of premiere, used, from ebay ?
A long time ago I bought legit photoshop from ebay,
six times less the real cost, and in like new condition.

Rednova

Surrealist.
12-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi I hope this is an acceptable question.

I am slowly moving into actual animated productions lately, and would like to know what people are using for video editing etc.

I am not currently prepared to go to the Adobe Suite but am wondering if anybody has suggestions or can share what they are using to make videos with their lightwave animations.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

ps, I hope to have Premiere & After Effects one day but am hoping there is an in-between step :)

Thanks Again

For just slapping together animations with some sound you don't actually need that much. I use Vegas pro and really like the platform. If you are looking for a user-friendly application with an upgrade path you could try one of their lesser expensive versions and then upgrade later as you need to. You'll already be familiar with the workflow. Same would be true with any platform you choose. Most of them have lesser expensive versions you can upgrade. I am just an avid Vegas user and have been using it since it was first released. Before that I was using Premiere and after Vegas I never looked back. :)

geo_n
12-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Vegas for me too. At home its what I use and the cuda support makes rendering almost twice faster.
Just wish there was an alternative for Aftereffects for motion graphics.