PDA

View Full Version : I just realized... (features)

monovich
12-15-2011, 10:13 AM
I just realized that you can re-order the items in the "Current Item" pulldown. I'm beside myself with shock and awe. I can go from a five to four day work week with all the time I'll save.

so... share your "I just realized" things here.

xchrisx
12-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately it doesnt appear to save the reordering with the scene :(

archijam
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately it doesnt appear to save the reordering with the scene :(

Fog it!

xchrisx
12-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't think that is as much of a bug as much as it is a 'feature request'

monovich
12-15-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm more in the "bug" camp. Why take the time to re-order things if they don't save with the scene?
where would I fog it? I've never used FogBugz.

Traveler
12-15-2011, 02:51 PM
This link may help : http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=73226

Shnoze Shmon
12-15-2011, 08:54 PM
I JUST realized...

...what that white roll mounted on the wall next to the toilet is for...

...ummm that awkward silence, did I do that?

jwiede
12-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I JUST realized...

...what that white roll mounted on the wall next to the toilet is for...

...ummm that awkward silence, did I do that?
If you "just" discovered that bit of info, I'd think you'd be used to awkward silence following you around... and possibly, flies. :devil:

jwiede
12-16-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm more in the "bug" camp. Why take the time to re-order things if they don't save with the scene?
where would I fog it? I've never used FogBugz.
Hmm, if the list itself saves with the scene, then I'd expect the reordering to save as well (otherwise why bother), and not doing so would be a bug. If the list doesn't save with scene, then I'd label it a feature request.

Nangleator
12-19-2011, 02:40 PM
I was in medical devices, and animating long tubes with strings of bones for years before I realized you can grab a mess of bones at once and rotate them all together, for a natural way to make smooth, curving shapes.

I had been rotating them one at a time. D'oh!

archijam
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I often edit my .LWS files from time to time in TextEdit.app (or Notepad.exe), and use the Find+Replace function to edit scenes ... in seconds I can set up multiple versions of the same scene, with different details (LOD) objects, without ever opening LW.

blugenwitz
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
I often edit my .LWS files from time to time in TextEdit.app (or Notepad.exe), and use the Find+Replace function to edit scenes ... in seconds I can set up multiple versions of the same scene, with different details (LOD) objects, without ever opening LW.
But that's cheating.
;).

dblincoe
12-19-2011, 05:01 PM
But that's cheating.
;).

The text editor is the secret "weapon" tool. The best add on to LW.