PDA

View Full Version : Woodbridge Tide Mill Animation

biliousfrog
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Here's another job I recently finished for a local attraction currently being renovated for the new year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MaMbhoV21w&feature=youtu.be

Once complete, the mill will have a refurbished visitors centre with video screens showing archive footage of the mill and a rolling animation of how the mill works.

Ryan Roye
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
The video is marked as private?

biliousfrog
12-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Yep, I can't launch it publically until the mill is opened but I have been cleared to share the link in some places...after all, I doubt many people on here are likely to visit the place

Consider yourself priviledged ;)

zapper1998
12-15-2011, 10:37 AM
oh man
thats just not right...
where's the donuts, i need a donut...
we can wait....
let us know when we can see it...

biliousfrog
12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, my mistake...now it should work :foreheads

Rabbitpenny
12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
That is deluxe. The patrons of the mill will never know your efforts to accomplish this animation.

nightrider
12-16-2011, 12:20 AM
this whas good work and nice animation you are good :)

pilF
12-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Ah gears, mechanics, i like it. Also the details like the small cart to move the sack with grain. How will it be displayed, screen, beamer or part of an interactive presentation?

biliousfrog
12-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks guys,

It's going to loop on a large TV screen near to the actual mechanism. The main focus by the design team was to allow every visitor to understand how the mill works even if they can't physically visit each floor. When the mill was built there was little thought of disabled access, and the top floor is quite difficult to access anyway, so the animation should provide a simple overview of how it all works.

It's a fascinating building, I can't wait to see it finished. I was lucky enough to have almost unrestricted access to parts that will be off-limits to the public. The really funny thing is that I was helping the trust to understand how some parts of the mill work. I'd send a proof and they'd go, "ahh, yes, of course!" :D The mill hadn't been fully functional for many, many years and trying to figure it all out floor by floor was almost impossible.