PDA

View Full Version : Repeat animation

skywalker113
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
How can I repeat an animation cycle up to a certain keyframe? In the graph editor I can set the post behavior to repeat but that makes the animation continue forever.

I've tried using the morph mixer but its very restrictive and buggy.

Do I really need to set repeated animations up to a certain frame by setting keyframes manually? Iv'e done it before but it a pain and a nightmare when working with multiple bones. Feels like theres a more sane way of doing it.

Example.

A character dancing. Does the same dance move for 200 frames then does a spin. Resumes dance cycle for 150 more frames and then takes a bow.

Thanks

RebelHill
12-13-2011, 01:08 PM
nope... motion mixer, thats it. Or set repeats in graph, bake/key result, turn off repeat, shove blocks of frame around in GE.

thats all really.

AbstractTech3D
12-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Hey

Actually, I think there is a way… a bit complicated:

If you set up each channel you intend to animate to 'channel follow' a control null channel each, plus add an offset for your resting position.

Animate using your control nulls (which could be tedious) in the traditional way, including adding in the GE the repeat behaviour to get it to loop.

Then in the control null's motion option / node item motion nodal control, you can build an envelopable setup to multiply the channel between 1 (for animation turned on) and 0 (off).

You could abstract control further by using a single 'master animation control null' - read in each control null nodal setup by a item info node.

You would need a separate such setup per animation. And thus multiple 'channel follower' controls on each targeted animation channels.

I haven't tried it - but it should work

AbstractTech3D
12-14-2011, 03:50 AM
… if animating using control nulls is too difficult, then animate traditionally directly on the model - then copy and paste the relevant channels to control nulls. (Then obviously delete the original animations)