PDA

View Full Version : cant use psd's or tiff's

mike_stening
12-13-2011, 07:26 AM
i always used to use these but have found recently that i can no longer have textures as psds, is this correct?
been out of the loop a little bit as i have had a few jobs using c4d so i forget if it is normal.

ta muchly:thumbsup:

skywalker113
12-13-2011, 02:11 PM
pds should work in lightwave. I dont know about tiffs.

Nangleator
12-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Can't use CMYK, at least as far as I remember. Is that your problem? Is your version of Photoshop too new? Otherwise, import plugins might be corrupt. Try adding those plugins again.

Silkrooster
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
i always used to use these but have found recently that i can no longer have textures as psds, is this correct?
been out of the loop a little bit as i have had a few jobs using c4d so i forget if it is normal.

ta muchly:thumbsup:

Psd files require you enable backward compatibility for them to work in lightwave. Otherwise you get a generic image (I forget what the image says, but once you see it a few time, you know)

mike_stening
12-14-2011, 02:57 AM
i just get clip cant be loaded error in modeler and nothing happens in layout, its not cmyk either as i always make my images RGB (even though c4d can handle cmyk)
i'm using CS5 so maybe its that.
Currently having to use TGA's
also re imported the plugins but maybe i need to reinstall them from scratch. in fact thinking of that it could be a rounder has been sketchy and select loop has been playing up so i'll give that a try.
cheers

Silkrooster
12-14-2011, 09:58 PM
I have CS5 and LW 10 and psd files load fine. However I am on windows, so it could be a mac issue. Or I should say Mac related bug in lightwave.

Silkrooster
12-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Here is a known good psd file you may try.

mike_stening
12-15-2011, 05:34 AM
thanks for that silk rooster
that file loaded fine into both apps so I'm now a little confused as to why mine aren't loading, might be a memory issue but that's not the error im getting, I'll have to delve deeper
i am using fairly large files but they are not massive, i need them like that as I'm doing print work.

Silkrooster
12-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Perhaps your using features that lightwave is bulking at. Try flattening the layers. Also if you are using transparency, try the alpha channel instead. Which is kinda required if you flatten.

JonW
12-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Works on Mac 10.6.8 with LW 10.1