PDA

View Full Version : VT Efit

rcthomas
10-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I am a new VT3 user. While trying to fimilurize myself with VT Edit, I lost half of my screen. Where begore I had both Storyboard and Timeline on screen. Now I can only get one of them. I tryed (I think) everything to get the other half back, I cant do it. Where did it go? and is there a way to recover it?

Jim_C
10-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Double click on the screen next to Timeline or Storyboard etc. That will turn that view full or half screen.

Thats my guess..

good luck

rcthomas
10-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Jim C, Thanks for your fast reply.

Double clicking on the tab does change the size of the item I click on ( slightly) but it does not bring back the missing half.

Jim_C
10-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Dbl click right on the highlighted tab that says Storyboard or timeline etc.
you can also grab corners of windows and drag larger if need be.
But dbl clicking on those tabs turns on single or double view

Scott Bates
10-16-2003, 08:20 PM
RC, I'll bet you've (inadvertantly of course) grabbed the dividing "bar" between the dual views and dragged it all the way to the top or bottom. That would explain why you just see a "slight" difference when you double-click a tab. Look for a narrow grey bar right at the top or bottom of the Edit window display area and see if you get a double arrow under the cursor when you're over it. If you can't find it, double-click the tab that's active and look for it again.

rcthomas
10-17-2003, 12:51 PM
:) Jim C and Scott;

Thanks a lot for your help. The second half of the screen WAS stuck behind the first half. I suspected as much but I could not grab the edge to pull it out . Clicking on the tab revealed the edge and all is fine from there.

THANKS AGAIN.

PIZAZZ
10-17-2003, 01:58 PM
A good thing to know is there is a file in the VT3 folder called

OOPS I MESSED UP MY CONFIG

If all else fails then double clik on this file and see if that helps. It resets the configuration of all your VT profiles.

bradl
10-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Double-clicking a VTEdit tab is a very useful feature when you want that view to have more screen real-estate. For dual monitor users with the vertical splitterbar, it extends the view across both monitors... for example a Timeline view that is over 30 inches across!