PDA

View Full Version : LW 11 upgrade blues

greg.reyna
12-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Well I lost the upgrade email sent to me re LW 11, now it seems there's no other way to get it done! I called Newtek and was told to log in, then go to the Newtek store, but when I do there's no link that synchs to the Sept 10, 2010 date I bought LW 10/ Hardcore. A couple of days later I tried sending an email to someone at Newtek customer support, but no answer yet.

I was told that once LW11 is released--supposed to be by the end of December--I'll still have 60 days to upgrade at the 'discounted' price. I don't want to discover too late that this information is wrong.

In the past Newtek never had all these restrictions on upgrading. Seems like they're making it as difficult as possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg

dwburman
12-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I've read that some people have had success by going to the new store and, in the log in area, entering their username and then clicking the "Forgot your password?" link. This allowed them to set up a new password and log in to the store.

The store account is different from your registration account. If you are not seeing a preorder upgrade price on any of the products you are not logged into the store properly.

Good luck!

Snosrap
12-11-2011, 10:59 AM
In the past Newtek never had all these restrictions on upgrading. Seems like they're making it as difficult as possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg

They put in a new system and it has some kinks. I had to call them and it was resolved while I was on the phone with them. Very good customer service IMO.

greg.reyna
12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I went through the store login ritual every which-way and finally got logged in.

Still no link that matches my buy date of Sept 10, 2010. So I thought I'd give it a shot by using the link with the wrong date, but the correct cost, $495. I figured if it didn't work the internal database would reject me. Well, it rejected me, but because "Address provided does not match billing address of cardholder." which is wrong unless it is rejecting the spelled-out word 'street' when my cc statement uses the abbreviation, 'st'.

I clicked on link 2 as in Top Ten Products below. After going through this rigamarole I checked my cc web site and now it shows two 'Pending' charges for $495 from Newtek. I know that 'Pending' doesn't necessarily mean I've been charged, but the double listing isn't a good sign...

Greg
---
Top Ten Products
01 LW 11 Pre-Release for Registered Owners: 1/13/09-3/31/09
02 LW 11 Pre-Release for Registered Owners: 4/1/09-6/15/09
03 LightWave 10.1 Upgrade
04 LightWave 10
05 LW 11 Pre-Release for Registered Owners: after 6/15/11

dwburman
12-12-2011, 09:52 PM
oh yeah, the date on the link is wrong.