PDA

View Full Version : Bones atracted to each other?

netstile123
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I started with my bone scene created and need three sets for 3 characters. So I made 2 clones of my original bones. I then opened my first character and activated the first set of bones to that character. I then selected my 2 root bones to move the entire character over with the bone set. As I moved away the mesh of the character seems to be atracted to the other set of bones and pulling toward that other set. I have the 1st character about 11 meters away from the other 2 sets of bones. The characrter mesh seems to be smearing looks to be on just the right arm and the rest of the body looks fine. Is there maybe a problem with my right arm bones that would cause this problem. Or maybe that the character weight maps are set to specific bones and the bones are cloned. But if that was the case all areas of the character would smear and not just the right arm.

Any Ideas?

Andrewstopheles
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
You might need to post the scene, or at least some screenshots, otherwise it is difficult to know where to begin with a response ;)

RebelHill
12-09-2011, 09:52 AM
well the only way it can be happening is if the 3 sets of bones all exist under the same parent object.

A single object can only be affected by bones belonging to a single object.

netstile123
12-09-2011, 09:52 AM
I am really jumping at questions here and thanks everyone for there quick responses to help me out.

I figured out the problem. The problem was I had set a range limit to both arms on just 1 bone. I had to deactivate that limit range. I am not sure if this is a bug or not but this resolved the issue.