PDA

View Full Version : Scaling - Grid question

jocco
12-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Hi guys

I've got an issue with scaling and the grid in modeler LW 10.1

I've imported some plans of a building with LWCAD. I did not scale them but modeled the whole stuff. The modeling part is 90% finished and I want to start shading en texturing. Therefore I want to scale my model tot the right proportions using LWCAW scaling tool. So far so good.

Now, when te scaling is done, I can't zoom in more closely than a grid of 200mm. This sucks cause I want to model in some fine details here and there an so I need to get a close look at my model.

So two questions:

1) do I have to scale the model to make my textures, in other words, does the size of the model relates to the textures (i.e. procedurals) and in what way ?
2) how can I scale down my model so I can zoom in again to more than 200 mm ?

I hope someone can help me out

cheers, Jocco

JeffrySG
12-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Sounds like you're running into clipping problems. This will happen when you're working on a large model and need to zoom into a very small area. To fix this try to select a small poly (or edge or few verts) in the area that you want to zoom in on. Then hit shift-a. This will focus and frame your view and you should be able to work on that area. Just hit the a key when you want to work on the whole model again.

The model can be any size for the textures. You just need to size them accordingly.

wrench
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Also, are you at the origin? The further away from 0, 0, 0 you are the less you can zoom.

B

jocco
12-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Also, are you at the origin? The further away from 0, 0, 0 you are the less you can zoom.

B

Thank you very much !!!!! that was the issue !