PDA

View Full Version : LightWave [8] Upgrade

czesiu
10-16-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi E-body,

Today, on October 16th 2003, I have got the email with special
offer of upgrade to LW[8], se below:

"...So here’s the deal -- if you pre-order your upgrade or full copy of LightWave [8], you get eyeon Software's professional compositing application, DFX+, with Module 1 - Visual Effects, and Module 4 - 3D Tools free! Even if you skipped a couple of upgrade cycles, that’s ok -- you can upgrade to [8] for the same price -- you’ll also receive the eyeon software AND LightWave [7.5] immediately!..."

"... If you don't own LightWave, or would like to buy additional seats, this special is for you too! Order today and get a full copy of LightWave [7.5] and the DFX+ bundle -- and when LightWave [8] ships, you will get a free software upgrade! This bundle would cost you $3,380, but it can be yours for a very short time for less than half price!.."

I have to say that I am really glad that i have been informed and offered by NewTek that oportuninty to upgrade LW, this is what I call care and support.

However I already own the LW[7.5] and as so I have use of another one.
I am sure thata there is many others with me who are in the sam situation, and who would really appreciate, as I would, to could make stright upgrade to LW[8] without need to buy or pay for something I already own/use or another stuff.

Hope there NewTek will be kind and make some offer for the users like me.

Cheers
Pawel Czesak :cool:

robewil
10-16-2003, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure you understand the deal. Although the email is not specific, I assume it means that as a Lightwave user (7.5 or not), you get Lightwave 8 (when it ships) and Eyeon's DFX+ bundle for $495.

If you don't already have Lightwave 7.5 (this is not you), you will get an immediate upgrade to Lightwave 7.5.

WizCraker
10-16-2003, 03:24 PM
I upgraded a a month or so ago, I have 7.5c and I got the DFX+ bundle but not another 7.5 CD. So I guess to answer you question if you want another seat of lightwave you would have to pay for the extra seat plus dongle, or if you just wanted to upgrade you would get the DFX+ bundle and when 8 ships you will be able to download it from Newteks website. If you pay $99 more you can get it on CD.

czesiu
10-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi WizCraker & robewil,

Well if you say so, I will try it then.
What I ment was the upgrade that ´WizCraker descibed.
Thanks for help

Cheers
Pawel C :cool: