PDA

View Full Version : free trial version of LW3D

wulfie
12-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi,

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment here.

I have been promoting Lightwave here in Portland Oregon for many years. Not very many 3D professionals (I found 2 this year) use it here any more. I am not happy about that but that seems to be the way it is here. The people who do use it are my young students who come to my studio
where it lives on 25 computers....all PC. The often go home and purchase
the program. I would like to promote LW even further. So.......read on.

I am a teacher....I teach Lightwave. I am the registered owner of many many PC versions of Lightwave and all are PC dongle protected. Does the trial version of LW not work with Macs? I have been asked to give a demonstration for the girl scouts and hands on tour of Lightwave this weekend. Problem is....I have to leave my studio and go to the Girl Scouts. They are all Mac based there. I just hoped I could download the free trial and they could get a lesson and convince the Scouts to come up with the bucks for the program.

It says free trial for 30 days but then it goes into discovery mode unless I already have a serial number? I don't understand. What are the 30 days for? I currently have Lightwave 10 installed on all the computers.....all running in discovery mode. Is there a solution? When I installed it on my PC it used to be good for 14 days before you had to install the license key. Is that not the case any more? It's all right with me.....it's just that the girls will get a lot more out of the program if it is fully operational.

Thanks a million!!!

wulfie

wrench
12-08-2011, 03:05 AM
If you have a registered copy of LightWave you can add Mac registration for the licence too. Just go onto your account at http://reg.newtek.com and copy one of your serial numbers, then register a new LightWave and use that serial number. You will be presented with a page with your current Lock ID and license.key, with additional fields for adding a 64-bit or Mac version.

B

wulfie
12-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Thank you so so very much Wrench for coming to my rescue.....I have been able to manifest at least a few of my licenses by your method. So HUGE thank yous!!! I have 3 Lab packs and for some reason the web form rejects 2 of the serial numbers. So I think it is in Newtek's court at this time to fix that problem. So I have all of my little dongles neatly packed in baggies ready to make their first trip away from home. Shudder. It's the last time I will be doing this kind of a gig. Good thing it's for the Girl Scouts.

Anyway I thank you much!

Wulfie

wrench
12-09-2011, 11:17 AM
My pleasure Bev, good luck with the girl scouts, bring us back some cookies! :)

B

dwburman
12-09-2011, 05:32 PM
My understanding of the trial version is that you download it, register it and get a license code that expires in 30 days. I haven't actually gone through the process, so I could be wrong about that.