PDA

View Full Version : radiosity

netstile123
12-07-2011, 06:12 PM
quick question about rendering and radioosity. First off I had a problem with my last project and had rendered about 200 frames and everything looked great and had radiosity on. I then went back into making 200 more frames with the same settings and had a problem when I placed the finished jpegs into movie form. the first 2oo frames were great than after that the scene seemed to shimmer snowy. Not snow but like the lighting was moving. I was thinking it was a mistake I made by moving a light in the scene but checked through the scene editor and 0-owed out all the light movements and checked the camera and made sure it was not moving either. Rendered a few more frames and the same problem.

Is there a setting in radiosity I may have clicked by mistake to cause this problem to happen>

Also what is the best settings for radiosity on a motion film to keep things crisp but still bright?

What reder settings choice should I choose with the best output with radiosity> Michele , gaurison. So on..

Thanks.

Danner
12-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I think there are several things that could have gone wrong on your scene. Most likely is that you are using a different cache. It couldn't find the cache for the second set of frames or you didn't calculate and append the cache of the new frames. What radiosity settings and what steps you took before rendereing more frames?

Reco
12-09-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm not an expert on this subject since I'm using Kray or Fprime most of the time. The reason I have start to use the lightwave render is the new motion blur.

Your problem is likely to do with moving objects in the scene, and the GI is calculating the process differently for each frame.

What I do:
I am using background radiosity, and setting up lights as bouncing rays.
Then i activate the interpolation option.
The next step is to activate cache and animation cache.
Then I bake the cache with preprocess set to automatic. (You can define the path). I have tried different frame steps, and ended up with 1.
The last step is to set the preprocess to locked and start the render.

Reco

Netvudu
12-09-2011, 11:57 AM
beware! Animation cache should be used with caution and only on very limited occasions. An environment pass with a regular cache and an occlusion pass for the moving objects tends to be much better and production-wise useable than animated cache...