PDA

View Full Version : quicktime error wont play back

malikai666
10-16-2003, 01:42 PM
I was having a huge problem when I was rendering my scene it kept crashing, I figured that out (so I think) In options I had to put my frame rate to 30 and colors to millions+ now it seems to render fine at least it isnt crashing upon render and it finishes. now when I go to ope the quicktime movie all it shows is a grey quicktime screen with nothing in it. and it wont allow me to scroll the timeline either. anyone else have this problem? Im able to render and play ack other scenes so its not any kind of codec problem.

malikai666
10-16-2003, 01:55 PM
here is a pic of what it looks like.

mlinde
10-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Can I make the suggestion you don't want?

Render to an image sequence, then import it into QT to make a movie. The problem with rendering a full-frame movie is if you run out of disk space or crash during the render, you lose the whole thing.

Triple G
10-16-2003, 02:52 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've seen questions like this asked. Save yourself a lot of headaches and do as mlinde suggested. Render to an image sequence then compile it in QT Pro or something similar.

Nice movie title, btw. :eek:

malikai666
10-16-2003, 03:27 PM
but I have plenty of disk space and what a pain in the but this is. Im on a G5 and have never ran into this problem before. Even when I render just like a 10 frame movie there is still nothing.

and yeah you should of seen the names of the other movies that didnt work lol.

Triple G
10-16-2003, 04:27 PM
It's not just about disc space. If your machine crashes for whatever reason during the render, or if the power goes out, or if you pick some odd setting that a certain codec doesn't like, it's a hell of a lot faster to re-encode a bunch of frames than it is to re-render an entire 3d scene from scratch.

toby
10-17-2003, 02:46 AM
quicktime has also been known to be buggy with LW. Reason #12 to render to frames.

Another one - you can stop rendering at any time and it's obvious where to start up again.

And -
No frame rate conflicts.

It's not a pain with QT pro, opening an image sequence is just like opening a file, and you can play it at any speed.

malikai666
10-17-2003, 09:53 AM
cool Ill give it a shot.
thanks for the help