PDA

View Full Version : Render scene output

boondox
12-05-2011, 03:06 AM
I am trying to render scene as a tga file string. The scene is a simple model composited with a jpg background.When I render the scene, the model is rendered but without the photo image background. If I render and save as a jpg then it's fine but any other file type only renders the model. Before LW10 this was never a problem ? Any thoughts ?

HolyMonkey-
12-05-2011, 03:18 AM
Sounds like a bug, I dont use LW 10, you sure there's no checkboxes that affects the BG? Maybe you have alpha ticked on or clicked on gradient backdrop or something.

prometheus
12-05-2011, 05:36 AM
I am trying to render scene as a tga file string. The scene is a simple model composited with a jpg background.When I render the scene, the model is rendered but without the photo image background. If I render and save as a jpg then it's fine but any other file type only renders the model. Before LW10 this was never a problem ? Any thoughts ?

Works fine here in 10.0 that is...with a jpg image in background and a simple box, exported as tga sequence.
first..where did you set the image background?
what did you view the final renders with? photoshop or after effects?

Michael

boondox
12-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Image background set in compositing options....and not viewing in anything other than just looking at the tga files.....I am using 10.1...Thanks for responding

boondox
12-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Weird thing is it works as a 24tga but not 32tga.....I am now running a mac and previously have always been PC ? Any clash here ?

HolyMonkey-
12-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Weird thing is it works as a 24tga but not 32tga.....I am now running a mac and previously have always been PC ? Any clash here ?

I will pressume its the alpha.

When you activate 32 tga it supports alpha (your background becomes transparrant) The reason it works in 24 is because there is no alpha support.

Hope that helps cheerio

boondox
12-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks, that may be the answer but in every version up to LW10 it did work - the annoying thing also is that the background image does not appear if I save the output as a quicktime !