PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL prvw goes black when maps applied...mobility radeon 9000

retter7
03-02-2003, 11:58 AM
This is a curious one...

On my 1gig laptop (LW 7.5), when applying a texture map the openGL preview goes black. Gradients and procedurals work fine. It's only with an imported texture map. It doesn't matter what format...jpg, iff, tga...gray or color. The f9 or f10 previews work fine. It's only in the openGL textured mode in Layout. I'm assuming that this is a card problem with the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 card that shipped with the Powerbook. Any solutions, updates, or suggestions?

Ryan

mlinde
03-03-2003, 10:31 PM
Try reducing the texture resolution (display OpenGL Textures - it goes as low as 64x64) if that doesn't work, try turning OpenGL textures off, and reducing the OpenGL options listed there. Sounds like a memory issue...

retter7
03-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the response. Interestingly enough I ran the Apple software updater under OSX, updating from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4. This did the trick. There were also several updates including QuickTime that took place. All told, five in all. I'm just happy not to have to reinstall the program.

Thanks again!

mlinde
03-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Hmm. Maybe it was related to the various ATI issues people were having with the desktops as well. Good to know!

retter7
03-04-2003, 11:19 AM
A little off the subject. I replaced the nVidia Geforce MX card that came with my dual 867. I was getting terrible artifacting with it. It would blank out the entire Layout window and replace it with a duplicate of the desktop. Dragging the floating pallets around the screen would redraw the correct layout screen. However, one more click anywhere in the program would do the same thing. It was progressively worse the larger the files. I replaced it with the new Radeon 9000 Mac Edition witch has been nearly bullet proof. I'm glad I didn't buy the 17" powerbook which comes with an nVidia card.

Thanks again. Have a great one!

r