PDA

View Full Version : Flying Steamship

Skinner3D
12-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Well my time at the DAVE School is officially finished. I just finished taking the optional Maya course. I chose to take it after Block 4, which was probably the best decision in the long run.

Here is my final project. Yes, it was done in Maya not Lightwave, but I still would like to know if I hit the mark against the reference. :)

bazsa73
12-03-2011, 09:19 AM
You have to know yourself. I would say you are close but not right there. Spend a few days more on textures and small details. If I may so.

jeric_synergy
12-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Well done, but at a design level, this seems too maritime and not enough aeronautic.

Skinner3D
12-03-2011, 08:37 PM
bazsa - Which sort of details are you referring to? I know that there is a lot of detail I could add from real life reference, but it doesn't seem to show in the reference.

I really should add more stuffs though, I agree with you there.

jeric_synergy - :P its my job to just take whats given to me and make it 3D. Logic doesn't factor in at all.

JeffrySG
12-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I think it came out great! Congrats!

I do think that it would benefit if you reworked the textures to better match the textural feel of the original design. Even though your textures are looking weathered it still can be pushed much further. It might be a lot of texture work but it would probably be worth it in the end.

jeric_synergy
12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
jeric_synergy - :P its my job to just take whats given to me and make it 3D. Logic doesn't factor in at all.
This I realize: that's why I kicked it upstairs to 'design'.