PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade & LW11 help please

Roger Harris
12-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Hi All, Sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure...

Anyway, after much mulling over the pros and cons of either LW11 or Softimage, I'm going to go with LW11, considering I'm a long, long time LW user and love the renderer etc. etc. (and cost of course :-) )
So, can anyone absolutely definitely confirm for me that if I upgrade my current 9.6 seat to 10.1 right now, today, that I'll be eligible for the 11 upgrade at no additional cost when it arrives?
I've read the faq and it says people who buy 10 will be eligible, but doesn't mention people who are upgrading from previous versions.

Many thanks folks,
Roger Harris

Kevbarnes
12-03-2011, 08:35 AM
as I understand it you cant get the 'Pre-Release' upgrade now unless you have already got 10 or 10.1. As I understand it the 11 Upgrade is an additional cost upgrade or purchase the full product when it is officially released. contact the shop direct

https://shop.newtek.com/index.php/home?page=shop.product_details&category_id=20&flypage=flypage-vmshopblue.tpl&product_id=187

Regards Kevin

Roger Harris
12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the info Kev,

Just to be clear though, I don't want the pre-release now, I just want to know that if I upgrade to 10 now, I won't be charged for 11 when its released.

I'll phone Newtek on Monday and double check.

cheers
R

Kevbarnes
12-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Let us no how you get on - I havn't upgraded yet, I would have to justify it to my boss. so might not get it till next April.

Snosrap
12-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the info Kev,

Just to be clear though, I don't want the pre-release now, I just want to know that if I upgrade to 10 now, I won't be charged for 11 when its released.

I'll phone Newtek on Monday and double check.

cheers
R

Directly from LW11 faq "What if I bought LightWave 10 a few days ago?

If you purchased LightWave 10.1 within 30 days of our LightWave 11 Pre-Release announcement on 11-10-11, then you are eligible to receive LightWave 11 at no additional charge. Purchases over 30 days prior to 11-10-11 do not qualify for this offer." http://www.newtek.com/support/424-lightwave-eleven-prerelease-11.html

So yes, you buy LW10 and you'll get 11 for free when it is officially released whenever that might be. (They say before the end of the year) Only users that bought or upgraded to Core/LW10 before a certain time were elgible for the pre-release of 11. LW11 is a pretty strong package. NT devs seem to have their mojo. Have fun.

Roger Harris
12-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Hi Snosrap,

Yep, I read that page, but as I say in my post, it's if I 'upgrade' not if I buy.
There may be a difference.

Thanks anyhoo

wrench
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey Roger,

I'm am certain you'll be fine. It's still a purchase of 10 whether it's an upgrade or new.

B

Snosrap
12-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Yep, I read that page, but as I say in my post, it's if I 'upgrade' not if I buy.
There may be a difference.

Thanks anyhoo No difference between buying new or upgrading. Just call Newtek to place the order and you can confirm that while you are on the phone with them.

Roger Harris
12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
OK Thanks everyone,

I'm buying today! :-)

R