PDA

View Full Version : Head Lamps

daz1761
12-03-2011, 04:26 AM
I am currently working on a scene which requires car head lamps lighting up the road ahead. The camera is at the side of the drivers door on an angle so the road ahead can be seen. I have put 2 point lights where the head lamps would be but its not quite giving the effect of a low beam dip on a road.

Thanks

3DGFXStudios
12-03-2011, 05:16 AM
you can try using spot light or an ies file?

daz1761
12-03-2011, 06:55 AM
you can try using spot light or an ies file?

Thanks, sorry to sound thick but I have not come across an ies file as yet, is it like a reference for the light position?

Afalk
12-03-2011, 04:00 PM
AFAIK -->> an ies file is an "engineering spec" of an actual light 'bulb' - it captures the precise lighting profile of a given source of illumination, so I'd imagine that it would be pretty spot on <-- sorry coudn't resist the pun :P

daz1761
12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
AFAIK -->> an ies file is an "engineering spec" of an actual light 'bulb' - it captures the precise lighting profile of a given source of illumination, so I'd imagine that it would be pretty spot on <-- sorry coudn't resist the pun :P

lol, no worries, i probably couldn't resist that one myself

Sounds interesting, are these built into Layout or do you have to download them from somewhere?

Thanks

Afalk
12-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Support is built in. Getting the IES files you need is typically a matter of "google-Fu"