PDA

View Full Version : Clip mapping

twise
10-16-2003, 10:22 AM
I need a step by step how to set up clip mapping . the manual only has 9.41 -9.42 on clip mapping it does not go into the step by step set up i'm using lw 7.5c thank you... I need help bad..

To Be Or Not To Be ? That is the Question!

tasmanian
10-17-2003, 03:36 AM
Clip maps in LW are not that difficult. The way to apply them is the same as for other textures only you won't find it in the texture editor. You will find clip map under item properties. It's located right under the the render tab.

One thing to note is that with a clip map it's all or nothing, wherever the map is white things will become transparent, wherever it is black they will stay visible. Grays of less than 50% will be interpreted as black, grays of more than 50% will be interpreted as white.

You can have a look here to see what a clip map looks like.

clipmap (http://www.newtek.com/freestuff/lwhelp/content/009_Object_Properties/011_Oprop_clipmap.htm)

So it's really just a matter of making your map in a paint program or photoshop.
Select your object in LW, choose item properties en click the little T icon next to clip map, in the texture editor that appears you load the map by selecting image/load image.

Hope that helps :)