View Full Version : John Carter

rcallicotte
12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/johncarter/

Maybe? Hmmm?

littlewaves
12-02-2011, 09:11 AM
hmmn indeed.

Just me or did some of that look a little bit game engine?

biliousfrog
12-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Not even Bobby Chiu monster designs and Kashmir can stop it from looking like an 80's, kid's, homoerotic cheese-fest.

safetyman
12-02-2011, 09:35 AM
It does look rather cheesy -- the aliens look a little funky.

bazsa73
12-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Maybe we are just getting old.

wibly wobly
12-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Maybe we are just getting old.

I know I am.

I don't know why but, it really feels like to me that Disney's trying to do Avatar.

gerry_g
12-02-2011, 10:32 AM
wait till U get to 58 then you'll know you're old :( ......yet more beautiful tanned Hollywood types doing the impossible without breaking into a sweat, oh wait it's a disney movie so that's ok then

biliousfrog
12-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I know I am.

I don't know why but, it really feels like to me that Disney's trying to do Avatar.

...Avatar tried to do Pocahontas so it's all good

rcallicotte
12-02-2011, 11:57 AM
You're a tough crowd, but I expected no different. Chances are I'll see it no matter.

bugzilla
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I have no problem with the work of the CG artists. They are obviously very talented. What drives me nuts is the character design. The Tharks do not look threatening and Woola looks like a Pokemon. I love the Edgar Rice Burroughs series, so this film looks like it is not going to be very accurate to the source material. IN some ways that may be good. One of the warts of the originals is that it's fairly sexist. Hopefully they have overcome that. Still, I can't say I am as jazzed to see this as a I first was.

DBMiller
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
I first read the John Carter series back in high school. I'm 52 now so it was a while ago! There is nothing here that brings me back to the Mars of E.R.B. It reminds me of the battle at the end of The Phantom Menace. What a shame.

Dexter2999
12-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Maybe? Hmmm?

Probably not.

metahumanity
12-02-2011, 01:05 PM
We need more aliens, man! MORE ALIENS!

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

copy/paste

cresshead
12-02-2011, 01:26 PM
looks to me asylum studios have a better version than this...this currently looks like prince of persia set on mars..

bugzilla
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
I first read the John Carter series back in high school. I'm 52 now so it was a while ago! There is nothing here that brings me back to the Mars of E.R.B. It reminds me of the battle at the end of The Phantom Menace. What a shame.

I agree with you. It doesn't feel like the ERB books. It looks like they are "kiddifying" it quote alot. Such a shame.

abdelkarim
12-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Wow its Great :D. i think render with lightwave . this quality come from lightwave render :D i guess

so ??