PDA

View Full Version : Fluid, fire, smoke, and better voxel rendering

frosted
12-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I would like to see fluid and fluid dynamics in lightwave that render looking like real fluid instead of little smooshie balls of goo, some defaults like water, smoke, fire, and mud, with guide nodes to help with the flow. This can be done on a graphics card engine, I have an nvidia demo that shows dynamic smoke and fire and water that look great. Lightwave should have something better. Controllers can be simple, like a null to guide the flow and animate it with a path, following the null. If this already is there, just tell me how!
Also, a feature that can modle objects based on reference video would be great, so you can just take a video of a car, and lightwave models it for you.

50one
12-02-2011, 06:21 AM
I would like to see fluid and fluid dynamics in lightwave that render looking like real fluid instead of little smooshie balls of goo, some defaults like water, smoke, fire, and mud, with guide nodes to help with the flow. This can be done on a graphics card engine, I have an nvidia demo that shows dynamic smoke and fire and water that look great. Lightwave should have something better. Controllers can be simple, like a null to guide the flow and animate it with a path, following the null. If this already is there, just tell me how!

I could Imagine the price of LW would jump significantly, but maybe in future some basic stuff will appear anyway, with options to better handle the Ralflow(more particles) and Naiad fluids(alembic....)

Also, a feature that can modle objects based on reference video would be great, so you can just take a video of a car, and lightwave models it for you.

I'll add to your request list "make my explosion awesome'' button.

tudor
12-02-2011, 07:12 AM
I'll add to your request list "make my explosion awesome'' button.

Its already out there and has been for years in different forms.
I like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aU2s85Zw3A

jlp.media
12-02-2011, 08:42 AM
if you want the particles to flow in a certain direction just add a wind effector and change the Wind Mode to Animation Path. LW does have some crude texture presets for smoke/fire/water. It's just a matter of playing around with the settings I agree with 50one that there's no 1 click button to make your 3d work instantly awesome.

I will throw in to the mix though that I wish the hypervoxels panel had access to the node editor, so i can use surface normals as an input parameter to voxel luminosity. The Textured channel does nothing but limit the voxels potential.

prometheus
12-12-2011, 05:06 AM
I would suggest make a deal and bundle lightwave 11 and turbulence fluids if thatīs possible for a nice price.

otherwise, a new blending mode also available for hypervoxels volume mode is now done in Lw 11, however I would also like to see a sort of different shaders applyable for more custom looks, letīs start with simple preset gradients for just changing color schemes but keeping the rest intact.

Thatīs means ripping of the dynamite plugins fire/temperatur shader and itīs rayleigh settings, that would boost it up quite a bit, if it also could get the cooling and coverage, that would be nice, the textures within native voxels would probably do fine thou.

the distance between particle parameters needs to be applied on every channel possible.

There you go, a pretty nice new voxel system if they pull that off..Ohh wait a minute..multi textures on voxels would be nice too and volume offset, this means that you can have turbulence texture on the outer volume edges of a point cluster and also smooth off, and on the inside you could have the fbm noise for a more puffy look.

Michael

frosted
12-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Maybe I could use instancing with particle effects to make it happen, but I have seen this done in a gl render on the fly with just a gpu, very realistically.

starbase1
01-12-2012, 07:12 AM
While full blown dynamic fluids might be tricky, HV's are overdue a bit of TLC, and something a bit more sophisticated for volumetric effects would be very welcome.