WilliamVaughan
12-01-2011, 08:41 AM
http://www.chris3d.com/html/cs_mustang.html

zapper1998
12-01-2011, 09:29 AM
cool.....

nickdigital
12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Great video. But what I would really like to know is how you make that time-lapse reveal. Is it a trick or is it an actual recording of him working sped up?

vector
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
A-Amazing!! Very nice design and very nice final render

colkai
12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Great video. But what I would really like to know is how you make that time-lapse reveal. Is it a trick or is it an actual recording of him working sped up?

It's a recording of the stages with a snapshot at given intervals I'd reckon.

lardbros
12-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Very nice indeed!! :D

Waves of light
12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
I've just tweeted the link as I thought it was excellent. Especially like the post stuff. Nice work Chris. Keep em coming.

Nick, google a free bit of software called 'chronolapse'. You decide when to take a snapshot of your desktop and it combines them all into a timelapse sequence. Here's one I did, I think they were taken every 5 secs with this one: http://rsldesigns.co.uk/2011/09/45-min-time-lapse-chainsaw-in-lightwave-10-1/

Ricky.

nickdigital
12-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Nick, google a free bit of software called 'chronolapse'.

Ah ok, I thought there was a fancy trick in LW that I didn't know about. ;D

Chris3D
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys, glad you like the little video. As Colkai suspected, it's just screenshots of the model at various stages. The video was an afterthought, so I just loaded up each interim version of the model, and stepped through the layers. Some of the sections I had to recreate in reverse by "un-building" it, deleting polygons, taking a screenshot, deleting more, taking a screenshot, etc. So, it's only a general picture of how it was built, as opposed to a true time-lapse build, but still fun to watch.

Netvudu
12-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Great job!!

Creativetone
12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Cool! Video was fun to watch :)

colkai
12-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Nick, google a free bit of software called 'chronolapse'. You decide when to take a snapshot of your desktop and it combines them all into a timelapse sequence.

Ricky.

Thanks for that!

Waves of light
12-02-2011, 02:17 AM
Thanks for that!

No probs, you can also point it at a directory full of images and tell it to make a video from them, allowing you to use the same method as Chris, or edit images in post before processing to vid.

Cheers.

SonicN2O
12-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys, glad you like the little video. As Colkai suspected, it's just screenshots of the model at various stages. The video was an afterthought, so I just loaded up each interim version of the model, and stepped through the layers. Some of the sections I had to recreate in reverse by "un-building" it, deleting polygons, taking a screenshot, deleting more, taking a screenshot, etc. So, it's only a general picture of how it was built, as opposed to a true time-lapse build, but still fun to watch.

Would LOVELOVELOVE to see a tutorial

chikega
12-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Nice :)