PDA

View Full Version : Help! VT[3] is causing WinLogon.exe to stealing my CPU

Bill
10-16-2003, 09:44 AM
I just upgraded my system from Win2K to Win XP. I then upgraded my VT [2] to VT [3] by uninstalling VT [2] and installing VT [3]. When I boot up my system after installing the VT software WinLogo.exe will jump to 99%. But if I uninstall VT [3] (in safe mode) and then boot up, I have no problems. Does any one know why VT will cause WinLogon.exe to run at 99%? I have been able to reproduce this issue three times in a row.

Thank you,

Bill O.

The Fallen
10-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Hi Bill!

I donīt really know how to solve this (i even havenīt vt) buti suggest to make a windows update. This COULD eventually work. If not I have no more ideas, sorry.

The Fallen :cool:

Bill
10-17-2003, 09:59 AM
I have installed "ALL" patches, and updates for WinXP and still I am having trouble with WinLogon.exe when ever I install VT [3]. I can let the system sit for 20 or more min. but WinLogon.exe will not release the processor. Any more Ideas as to why the processesor is being used up by WinLogon.exe?

The Fallen
10-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Well, i think turning the priority down (which is quite different ;)) wouldnt solve this, so i think its some kind of a bug :( I suggest to change the os to win2000 and try it there but i have not really any further ideas. Oh, and sorry for my english :D
Hope you get it fixed :)

The Fallen :cool:

Jim_C
10-18-2003, 02:31 PM
What other programs do you have installed and/or running?
Antivirus?

Aegis
10-18-2003, 03:23 PM
You mentioned that you upgraded from Win2k to XP - generally this is not advised and has caused many users a lot of problems (due to redundant .dll's and other legacy files). A clean install of XP is the best way to get a trouble-free system.

For the record, I'm running VT[3] on XP Pro without any problems.

Bill
10-20-2003, 07:18 AM
I will give that a try and let you know my results.
Thank you for your help.

Bill O.

Bill
10-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Ok. I did a complete format of the hard drive and installed a full version of Win XP. At this time there is not other programs running other than those needed for the OS. I then did an install of VT [3] and the install went just fine. There was some complaining about some files not digitally signed for Win XP. I was given the option to continue or abort. I continued with the install. I then rebooted the machine; Win XP then found the new hardware and installed the needed drivers. It then Ran Autoconfig VT [3] 2.0 at this point the processor shot up to 100% and will not release it.

I will try again with a Win 2K install and see what kind of results I can get. I do not have any antivirus’s running on this system. I am installing the OS and then the VT 3 nothing else at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

FUBARTV
10-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Would need to know, Motherboard? CPU Type, and general system configuration?

Thanks

Michael Block
FUBARTV

Bill
10-20-2003, 11:28 AM
The motherboard is an intel Desktop D850MV
The CPU is an Intel 2.4Ghz
1GB mem
36GB IDE drive
The system is called a MaxPack from "MaxVision"

I have been able to get VT 3 to run on a fresh install of Win 2K. This will have to work for now. but I would like to get the problem resolved because I might be seeing more of this type of issues. The problem arrises when I try to run it on Win XP (either an upgrade or a freash install(formating the hard drive))

Thank you,

Bill O.

Jim_C
10-20-2003, 12:24 PM
If you haven't you should Goggle "winlogon.exe"
or winlogon.exe memory leak
or winlogon.exe memory
etc,
I got numerous hits and directions when I did. It may help.