PDA

View Full Version : Dijard's Super Telethon (with fireworks!)

Ryan Roye
11-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Runtime: 1:09

This was a non-canon, just for fun project that I threw together using some makeshift backgrounds and my Delura character models. Admittedly, a large part of the project was to test out my new IKbooster animation workflow along with a few new tricks I learned from my collaboration experiences. The animation aspects took about 3 days, its everything else I still struggle on.

Anyhow, enjoy!

http://www.delura.tanadrine.com/image_manualupload/Dijard_Super_Telethon.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n284Lqa7j-M)

Pamela G. Juust
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Its fun, but you really need to work on your visual style. The animation is ok considering how fast you're producing it (thats a big bonus for you that you're able to pump out animation so quickly), but it needs to look better if you want people to like this stuff.

i really admire your dedication btw. you seem young and if you stick to animation, you will go far, because you have the dedication.

Have you considered going to an art/animation school? You would improve really rapidly from learning things like color theory, composition and photography.

Good luck!

calilifestyle
11-30-2011, 10:17 AM
I really enjoyed this mini-project. Ever time you push out a new episode you find a way to improve from your last episode. Keep them coming and thanks for sharing.

Ryan Roye
11-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Its fun, but you really need to work on your visual style. The animation is ok considering how fast you're producing it (thats a big bonus for you that you're able to pump out animation so quickly), but it needs to look better if you want people to like this stuff.

i really admire your dedication btw. you seem young and if you stick to animation, you will go far, because you have the dedication.

Have you considered going to an art/animation school? You would improve really rapidly from learning things like color theory, composition and photography.

Good luck!

Thanks for the critical commentary, it is golden. One of my goals over the course of next year is going to be to attempt to bring up my modeling and design skills at least to the equivalent of where my animation is... if I can just get the lopsidedness issue taken care of I think that will help significantly. When I achieve that, I'll pinpoint needed improvements in all areas and work to eliminate problems gradually as I create content; I know even my strong areas have a few kinks in them. Collaborating with people who have the talents I desire i've found is very rewarding as well, you can't put a price on the insight a good collaboration project gives, though I have been a part of a lot of bad ("paid" and unpaid) collaborations.

art/animation school is an unimaginable luxury at this point due to both my demographic location and having already spent years in college persuing a somewhat "safer" career (business resource management/communications). 3d animation is essentially what I do with all of my free time, but i've never looked at it as a viable career option due to my numerous negative past experiences in similar media productions.

Either way, thanks for the support and I do look forward to seeing how my developer's diary in 2012-13 looks compared to 2011 :)