PDA

View Full Version : VSFX without VSE?

mlcjohnson16
11-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi all - our school recently purchased a Tricaster Studio for broadcasting our events. I found an overlay for scoreboards posted here earlier. I'm wondering if it is either possible to tweak the size of the scoreboard PIP in the vsfx file or create our own simple one without purchasing the VSE as we just don't have the money to do so.

The overlay I found was good - had 4 positions, I'd like to tweak it to have a slightly different size rectangle and possibly create 6 positions (4 corners and top center / bottom center).

On another note, I saw a QuickSet plugin (i think it was a plugin) but have not figured out how to load that onto the tricaster.

Thanks for any help or pointing to a thread with the info.

PS - is there a forum search feature anywhere? I googled a lot of threads but when I clicked their links it sent me to the newtek homepage rather than a thread itself.

JJ

Tim H.
11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi JJ,

The bad news is that VSE is not compatible with your TriCaster STUDIO. VSE is useful only for the HD line of TriCasters. VSE will not create VSFX files.

Also... Go Huskers!

Sincerely,

Tim Hedegaard
Virtualsets.com, Inc.
NewTek Authorized Reseller
Customized LiveSets for XD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
[email protected]

(323) 512-1542 voice

billmi
11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
That's actually the good news, because it means he can use LiveSets built with tools other than VSE.

NewTek has produced a plugin for Lightwave and Aura that can do what you're after, if you're not up to tackling either of those, there are folks like myself and JoseBurgos that provide custom work.

This can also be done with DVEs, which would allow you to fly the scoreboard in and out of position.