PDA

View Full Version : Select Loop

VonBon
11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
:eek: where is "select Loop" in LW 10.1 ?

XswampyX
11-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Press the right arrow key.

VonBon
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
:grumpy: Lies

;D but really tho, its not workn for me
i tried both the default and Studio presets.

i also scanned the plugins folder and can't
find it in the list.

Dexter2999
11-27-2011, 09:54 PM
It's there. I just downloaded 10.1 and installed. It's right there under SELECT where it always has been.

Just for fun I mapped it to CTL SHIFT Z (seeing as it was empty and all)

Oedo 808
11-28-2011, 12:05 AM
I had Move Plus vanish on me completely, I don't know if it's because I loaded some 9.6 configs or not, but I nuked the configs and that brought it back. A bit of a pain in the arse to set everything up again but I didn't know of another way to correct it.

wrench
11-28-2011, 02:25 AM
You don't have to nuke the configs, merely going into the menu editor and choosing one of the presets will reset your menus. Personally, I have a mouse with more than three buttons and it's always assigned to one of them, as is Deselect to another...

B

akaracquel
11-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeah.... I'm new to it, so I didn't notice all the other tools that went missing. Multishift. Bandsaw. Metaballs.

Could see them in the layout menu, but they were coloured black - different colour to the tools that were present. Re-install/scan didn't work.

Edit > edit menu layout > presets > default - that fixed it for me yesterday.

Less of a noob about that one now! X_X

Funny, actually logged in tonight to see how people tackle the de-select! Off to google for a multi-buttoned mouse!! Never knew they existed. Thanks Wrench. :thumbsup:

Shnoze Shmon
11-28-2011, 07:04 AM
...but I like having the deselect tucked in among the zoom controls, shift, and invert selection keys... That way the more delicate and tedious the selection is, the more likely it is to end before your done. Ahh... that wonderful feeling of frustration... :D

Amurrell
11-28-2011, 07:22 AM
I like the right arrow key. Much faster than hunting for the loop select option.

wrench
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
@akaracquel, I use a Logitech Performance MX here at home. You can set its additional buttons in different ways in different software packages, so while they are left as defaults for most, for games (not that I ever get to play these days) I often set buttons to do what I would normally need to do on the keyboard, and for Modeler the Front, Back and Mouse Wheel left and right buttons perform a lot of useful functions. I can highly recommend that mouse (as long as you're right-handed?).

B

dwburman
12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
As wrench said, if your default menus get screwed up, you can reset them by switching to a different style (in the menu editor) and then switch it back to the style you were using.

Waves of light
12-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Press the right arrow key.

That doesn't work for me.. errrm.

Oedo 808
12-02-2011, 06:13 AM
You don't have to nuke the configs, merely going into the menu editor and choosing one of the presets will reset your menus. Personally, I have a mouse with more than three buttons and it's always assigned to one of them, as is Deselect to another...

B

Thanks for the tip. Is there a way of adding to the presets? I was just importing the menu .cfg I'd saved out, and that didn't work as Move Plus (and a few others I think) would just disappear again, loading it as a preset might have worked, if that's possible? Although VonBon did say he had tried both Default and Studio presets without success in his case.

Funny, actually logged in tonight to see how people tackle the de-select!

They did make some workflow adjustment with 10, I'm not sure if Drop Current Selection is still the default de-selection tool, if so you could try out Deselect All for being able to drop selections with tools still active. Personally I put it next to the left shift key.