PDA

View Full Version : lscript commander missing?

jlp.media
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
i sware it was supposed to be under the utilities tab and ive even searched for it in the 'edit menu layout'. any suggestions other than a reinstall of LW. i have v9.6 and v10.1

in fact the only tools i can find are:
lscript
lscript/rt
lscompiler
exe command
lscript editor-external search

evenflcw
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Try a search for "LS Commander". Be that as it may. You should be aware that this command simply adds the real deal, the master plugin which is the LS(cript) Commander, something you can do manually aswell - open up the Master Plugin panel and add it from there.

jlp.media
11-26-2011, 05:31 PM
...nothing. i did find it in lw9.6 and tried copying lscript commander.ls into v10.1, but just as i had suspected...it wouldnt work because 10.1 has a different architecture.

OnlineRender
11-26-2011, 06:15 PM
try Ctrl + Q and look for it there !, I have 10.1 demo installed and its there!

Ryan Roye
11-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I've always had to click on "Master Plugins" in the utilities tab then open a pulldown menu to get to it... I don't know of anything that would make it disappear like what you explain.

OnlineRender
11-26-2011, 06:18 PM
attach

evenflcw
11-26-2011, 07:22 PM
There should be no difference between 9.6 and 10.1 here.

The lscript_commander.ls is just the command to add the master plugin. LScript Commander (master plugin) itself is built into Layout and you likely wont find it as a file. Did you just copy lscript_commander.ls into LW10.1 folder, or did you install it proper using Add Plugins/Edit Plugins?

Did you check the master plugin panel at all to see if you could add it manually?

If it's still not there, try to close LW, delete your configs, restart LW (which recreates default configs as needed).

wrench
11-27-2011, 08:11 AM
BTW, LScript Commander is *only* available in Layout, there's (unfortunately) no version for Modeler and never has been.

B

jlp.media
11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Ill just wait for the LW11 release. that should give me time to brush up on my Python programming. Do you think that with the introduction to Python, ill be able to make a macro for modeler? or will it still be limited to layout? I guess until newtek merges both layout and modeler together in CORE...

thanks for your help!

evenflcw
11-27-2011, 11:33 AM
If you mean macro recording, it will still be limited to Layout. Modeler as we know it likely will never get it, because it would involve some hefty architectural changes and each function rewritten (native and 3rd party) to support it (properly). So your best bet is when they merge, redesign and rewrite the Modeler core or whatever they have planned.

But if you know lscript or python you hardly need macro recording. It would make things easier, but not necessary.

Surrealist.
11-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Probably a good question is what where you trying to do in Modeler that requires a macro? Maybe there is a .ls script already that does it.

jlp.media
11-28-2011, 06:19 PM
toggling any VPR method(wireframe, textured wire, etc) with a hotkey.
it just would make welding points easier in some instances if i could hit a button and have it toggle between 2 object display methods. (where i couldnt use the 'merge' command.)

Surrealist.
11-28-2011, 06:41 PM
You can customize a window, set all of the settings you want then hit ctrl and one of the numbers on the numeric pad. Then a requester comes up. This will give you the ability to name it and make any final choices there and click OK. Now when you hit that key on the numeric pad it changes the display to your preset.