PDA

View Full Version : woodoo

sanuZ
10-16-2003, 06:05 AM
Me make hairy piece of wood with saslight...
boom shaka laka...:D

mega maniac
10-16-2003, 01:29 PM
for some reason my mind refuses to accept that what you have made to be the mouth as the mouth, instead i keep looking at the dark line beneath it as the mouth

renderingfarmer
10-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Maybe the line IS the mouth and the mask guy simply have a very elaborate mustache.
Anyway, I don't see that as a problem, I'm having trouble with the nose... the rest of the mask is very "jagged"... the nose is smoothed and polished looking. Doesn't fit in my oppinion.

I love the hair growing out of the wood. Very cool idea.

Rikturscale
10-18-2003, 01:15 PM
The nose, eyes and mouth have the same wood grain pattern as the face, as though they were carved out of the same piece of woodl, but the face is made out of planks of wood. You might try giving them their own wood grain or try to remove the "plank" effect.

Also, try beveling the edges of the mask to catch highlights. The edges look too perfect.

starbase1
10-19-2003, 03:45 AM
A simple but neat idea - but if I I can suggest some minor twiddles...

I think the easiest thing to improve would be the lighting - do it with some radiolisit and a sky dome, and get the eye glows as real short range point lights - a styronger colour might also make it a but less like a standard small lens flare.

I'd really like to see some dirt in the seams, but better lighting might darken that a bit.

Perhaps put a slightly different surface under the hair? It does seem a bit odd, growing directly from the wood.

Nick