PDA

View Full Version : 18 month Dissapearance - Health Issues

JMCarrigan
11-25-2011, 09:05 PM
I've been gone awhile and am behind, well, 18 months. I don't know where to ask since my hardcore membership expired, so:

I got home to find a LW10 installation package and a t-shirt. That's nice. But I can't figure out how to access the CORE 1.0 release I was supposed to get for my early membership.

I feel strange, having been gone so long. I've really missed ya'll.

Snosrap
11-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Glad your back. Core is no more. Core tech is in LW10 and now LW11. Jay is gone. Rob Powers has the power.:D LW11 will be released next month. NT says Core tech will slowly find it's way into LW over the next three years. Consider yourself up-to-date. :D

jasonwestmas
11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome back. . .the technology that was developed for core 1.0 is slowly being integrated into LW Classic now, thus negating the whole Classic and Core division. The intent from what Rob has told us is to integrate new technology that was created for Core and put it side by side with the older architecture, replace the older less useful stuff and connect the features together one module at a time. That's my interpretation anyway. But you can read Rob's letters for yourself.

I think the intent of NT is to eventually come up with a totally new program that maintains the strengths of the original Lightwave series and get rid of the weaknesses while still being able to use all the older stuff until it is replaced.

So right now there is Lightwave 10.1 update available for download. You can also upgrade to Lightwave11 right now if you want and get your hands on the pre-release which includes the LW11 final release. If not, then you can buy the upgrade when the final is released after taking a look at the Trial version. The trial will be made available upon final release to those who have not upgraded yet.

JMCarrigan
11-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Thank you and thank you and oh! So if I understand correctly, to get 11 I would have to make my Hardcore membership current? Mine expired last month. Or?

And thanks.

JeffrySG
11-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Glad your back. Core is no more. Core tech is in LW10 and now LW11. Jay is gone. Rob Powers has the power.:D LW11 will be released next month. NT says Core tech will slowly find it's way into LW over the next three years. Consider yourself up-to-date. :D

That was a great summary!!

You should still have access to the old hardcore forums (if you ever did) and here is a good post in that area that will give you more info on what happened.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=120273

And welcome back!
Whatever happened I hope you're feeling well now!

JeffrySG
11-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Thank you and thank you and oh! So if I understand correctly, to get 11 I would have to make my Hardcore membership current? Mine expired last month. Or?

And thanks.

The expiration dates on the hardcore memberships are irrelevant at this point. If you owned v10 at an early point you might be able to upgrade at a much reduced price. There is a good FAQ thread on v11 in the LW area as well.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=123618

JMCarrigan
11-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Before I go read that - thanks again. I'm trying to imaging how well that went over. Was there much gnashing of teeth?

JeffrySG
11-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Before I go read that - thanks again. I'm trying to imaging how well that went over. Was there much gnashing of teeth?

Honestly it is just best to not even bring it up any more. It was as bad as you can imagine and we're all trying to just move on and forget about the past and think about a bright future. Some have left forever many have stayed. You can still read many of the old threads to really find out how it all was received. 1000s of pages.....

Ps. And now is a good time to update your avatar. ;)

JMCarrigan
11-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Okay - I'm up to speed now - that wasn't so hard. Thanks again and again.

JMCarrigan
11-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Good gawd. Laughing Out Loud :D

Dexter2999
11-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Glad you are back on your feet. Welcome back.

colkai
11-26-2011, 07:01 AM
18 month health issues?
Seriously, welcome back, hope things are looking brighter for ya!

Snosrap
11-26-2011, 09:07 PM
If you bought into Core early you can upgrade to LW11 for $395. If you waited it's $495. All new purchases now are $1495 and upgrades are $695. LW11 is in pre-release and it's pretty decent.

OnlineRender
11-26-2011, 09:20 PM
welcome back !

JMCarrigan
11-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Yipes. Thanks. I was one of the first ones to buy. All excited over the reveal was I. So glad it's over really. Interested to see where it's going. Jim Plant even stopped by here to tell me what he was free to tell me in the beginning. (He lives in Oregon. Long ago he and his wife had Video Toaster User magazine.)

JMCarrigan
11-26-2011, 09:50 PM
:D Oh - and I will get to that avatar of mine.

Philbert
11-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Welcome back, hope you you are all well now. BTW one more thing you may notice is a bug with the forums that says some threads have a page or two more than they actually do.

JMCarrigan
11-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Welcome back, hope you you are all well now. BTW one more thing you may notice is a bug with the forums that says some threads have a page or two more than they actually do.

Oh. Thanks. Did I already say that I have been surprised when having clicked on a link for something within in the forums, a LOT go to Newtek's home page er sumit, in any case not where I'd think it would go - such as a Newsletter.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been discussed elsewhere. I'm behind 18 months and have clients that have actually waited and a bunch of infrastructure to clean-up and I need to put an external stairway to the upper deck (a small elevator would be better!).

I would rather spend more time here - and I will. Later.

JeffrySG
11-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh. Thanks. Did I already say that I have been surprised when having clicked on a link for something within in the forums, a LOT go to Newtek's home page er sumit, in any case not where I'd think it would go - such as a Newsletter.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been discussed elsewhere. I'm behind 18 months and have clients that have actually waited and a bunch of infrastructure to clean-up and I need to put an external stairway to the upper deck (a small elevator would be better!).

I would rather spend more time here - and I will. Later.

You can still use all of those old forum links you just need to change the front part of the URL to match the new forum URL so everything would start with http://forums.newtek. instead of the old way. There were a bunch of threads with people asking this when the forums got changed as well.

JMCarrigan
11-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Tanks JeffrySG. Very helpful.

zarti
11-28-2011, 11:51 AM
glad to see you back ! , JMCarrigan .

hope everything is going good for you .. :beerchug:

--
p.s.:

man , your username and avatar ( @ a fraction of a single second ) sent me back 3 years from now ..

i thought i had forgotten those days ..

JMCarrigan
11-28-2011, 06:25 PM
glad to see you back ! , JMCarrigan .

hope everything is going good for you .. :beerchug:

--
p.s.:

man , your username and avatar ( @ a fraction of a single second ) sent me back 3 years from now ..

i thought i had forgotten those days ..

Your avatar is different! I remember the name Zarti though.

Yep. Everything is good - just a lot of clean-up of my studio, etc.

(Etc like one of the cars was parked and left to die. The brakes are being replaced at AAMCO right this minute; and the car was green from moss. Moss should be the Oregon State Plant as a certain columnist wrote.)

It has been nearly three years! Wow.

erikals
12-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Welcome back, stay healthy! http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif

kopperdrake
12-01-2011, 04:37 AM
Just to add, welcome back and plain sailing I hope :)

Also, if you bought into hardcore at the start and are eligible for either the $395 or $495 upgrade to LW11, then as long as you buy into the point upgrades before a designated time (I believe it's 60 days after gold release of the point upgrade), then you still get to keep your five point release upgrades at that initial price of $395 or $495. Considering LW upgrades are now $695 it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

JMCarrigan
12-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Just to add, welcome back and plain sailing I hope :)

Also, if you bought into hardcore at the start and are eligible for either the $395 or $495 upgrade to LW11, then as long as you buy into the point upgrades before a designated time (I believe it's 60 days after gold release of the point upgrade), then you still get to keep your five point release upgrades at that initial price of $395 or $495. Considering LW upgrades are now $695 it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

Sailing away I am. I received an email that gave me a password to get it at $395 and I have until the end of February to decide. "You have 60 days after December 31 2011 to purchase at the discounted price." :thumbsup:

dwburman
12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome back. :)

kopperdrake
12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Sailing away I am. I received an email that gave me a password to get it at $395 and I have until the end of February to decide. "You have 60 days after December 31 2011 to purchase at the discounted price." :thumbsup:

Excellent :) Playing with it here I'm impressed so far :thumbsup: