PDA

View Full Version : Blown PS

grimmersb
10-16-2003, 04:23 AM
I've shorted my AT power supply putting case lid back on. Is it just the fuse in the PS? If not, I have a spare but it does not have the same connectors i.e 2 standard AT 6 pin ones. It has a 7 and an 8 pin with a) same colored wires e.g black, red, orange in different places and extra ones such as purple, red/white stripe and brown. Both Compaq PSs with similar rating except -5V and -12V are .15A as opposed to .3A. Should I test with VOM? If yes then how do I bypass PowerOK i.e. when I turn on with nothing connected the fan spins for 0.1 secs and stops. I think PWK needs to be pulling 5V. Any hardware wizards out there who can help me pls?

dynamic_cloth
10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Hello,hello
is this the hardware dapartment or graphics department??

please can anyone direct me!!

WizCraker
10-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, if you power supply is like 99% of the ones out there they useally have a warning saying something like Don't mess with the power supply. The reason for is, if you open it up and start palying with the parts you might just die. Computer Power supplies can keep a charge for as long as a 2 weeks to a month. If you read any MODing sites they always tell you if power supply goes buy a new one or risk injury.