PDA

View Full Version : Can't get fiberfx to stick to surface

Willax
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM

I'm still using 9.6 until 11 is official so I can upgrade. I haven't been very active in LW for a while but got back into it recently. I have been trying to get fiber fx to stick to my model but it won't move when I deform my model. I've looked through the manual but didn't see anything I could understand for keeping it glued to the surface. Any thoughts?

Rabbitpenny
11-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Heh Heh. Same thing happened to me first time I used it. Fiber effects doesn't live update an altered mesh. Try this: Start a zero key with a position. go to another key and change a bone (fibers don't follow). Now go back to zero key and return to the key where the bone was moved...All is well. (I hope.)

ShadowMystic
11-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I believe you have to do something with hair guides as the guides will be morphed to bones and can be affected dynamics.

Sorry I haven't used FiberFX so I can say for sure. I just have a good memory from the tutorials I've watched and read.

ranhell
11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey i cant even get it to work without lightwave crashing....:hey:

Willax
11-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Rabbitpenny that seemed to work. Not I gotta straighten up the rig and see if it stays put through a full animation, thanks.