PDA

View Full Version : Plankton Invasion - French episodes online

Ulven
11-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Canal + have put some episodes of Plankton Invasion online (the french version). Plankton Invasion season 1 is 39 x 7 minute episode animated TV series created by Joeri Christiaen, animated by TeamTo and rendered by Grid VFX. I have been fortunate enough to work on the rendering, effects and pipeline side of it the past few months. It's currently showing on VTM Kazoom in Belgium and Canal+ in France and hopefully more channels across the world soon.
http://www.canalplus.fr/pid3330-c-recherche.html?rechercherSite=plankton%20invasion

Mitja
11-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Great concept! I'll watch it later at home for sure! If I remember correctly you used fprime right?

Pamela G. Juust
11-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Great stuff, very nice animation and style!
Its from the same guy who's making the 850 meters short film, yes?
Is the animation done with messiah and models+rendering in Lightwave?

Ulven
11-21-2011, 07:38 AM
The original web series was done like that, but now that TeamTo is animating it they are using their Maya pipeline for animation and then rendering is still done with FPrime.
Correct, the creator is Joeri Christiaen whom I also have the pleasure of working with on 850 meters.

Pamela G. Juust
11-21-2011, 03:32 PM
great!
i saw the 850 meters trailer just yesterday and its really awesome. i had to watch the part where he plays luto on the horse again for like 10 times because the facial animation is so funny.
Could you tell us a bit about the pipeline you use in that movie? i watched the behind the scenes episodes, so i know you're using lightwave for models and zbrush for polish. Is the animation Messiah or also Maya?
Also i'm really interested about how much post-production you're using and how much is straight fprime. The fire particles/dirt etc is post or rendered 3d?

Anyhow. I'm really keeping an eye on this project. Its really inspiring! Good luck to your team!

Mitja
12-09-2011, 04:19 AM
There are only 3 episodes, where/when I can find the rest of them?

monovich
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
looks great! very nicely done. Hey Worley... update FPrime!