PDA

View Full Version : Recode CP

opmeyer
11-20-2011, 10:34 PM
The manual does not explain recode cp too well and did a search for the term in the forum and on Google, but I didnt get any new information on how to use it.

I want to be able to trigger a change in the texture or the HV texture of an object when a particle strikes it.

opmeyer
11-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Ok in conjunction with the play mode in fx-emitter's description, the manual does make enough sense.

so what you need to do is parent the particle emitter object to the collision object.

1. Set up your particles
2. Set the collision plane or object as the emitter's parent
3. Enable recode cp in the collision object
4. Go to the emitter's file tab and save the motion to a pfx file.
*note that users of the 30 day trial version will not be able to save a pfx file because this will crash lightwave 10.1. However in discovery mode it wont crash.
5. Set the emitter's playback mode to recode cp.

Now the saved motion will play back whenever a collision occurs on the collision object.

Well actually I only got the recode cp to leave one particle at each collision point, even though I set up a motion for the particle emitter that emitted more than just one static particle. But that's as far as I got so if there is a tutorial on this that would still be good, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I have misunderstood it's intended function.

I am actually trying to make an effect where every time particles bounce off a table, the table will light up with a green glow. Can anyone help me with this?

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?p=1199516#post1199516

prometheus
11-21-2011, 10:25 AM
I am actually trying to make an effect where every time particles bounce off a table, the table will light up with a green glow. Can anyone help me with this?

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?p=1199516#post1199516

Particle paint perhaps, one of dpont´s lovely procedural textures.
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/textures/ParticlePaint.html

Add glow in post processing.

Michael

opmeyer
11-22-2011, 04:26 AM
The manual does not explain recode cp too well and did a search for the term in the forum and on Google, but I didnt get any new information on how to use it.

I want to be able to trigger a change in the texture or the HV texture of an object when a particle strikes it.

Ok so the manual spells Recode CP on page 328. It's supposed to say record as it does in the interface.

Where is the best place to point out incomplete or mis-spelled sections of the manual?

opmeyer
11-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Record Collision Points- When this is activated, ClothFX will record the time and location of a collision, which will trigger a setup particle emitter that is parented to the ClothFX object.

The Emitter that is parented to this flag will be triggered if Record CP is active.

Note: Record CP work with particlefx and nozzle=parent collision , can't use with fx_collision and parent recorded CP(FX_emitter>playback mode).

Description taken from manual pg 307. If anyone could clarify the note at the bottom that would be great